Is there a pedal that sounds like RC Booster with more gain?

TimH

I love the sound and feel of the RC Booster. I wish it has just slightly more gain. I don't need any more gain than a TS808 really but I love how the RC sounds like my amp with just more grit. So what say you? Keeley BD2? Katana? Anything that does this but with a bit more grit?

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Timmy would be my first choice. I would say it can do everything the RC can do and has more gain on tap

Barber Silver LTD or BD-2 would be the second and third choices.

sampleinajar

What about the AC booster? I thought that was THE description of the AC booster (an RC with more grit)....

Steve

TimH

No the AC Booster is more of a TS type pedal...it has a bit of a mid hump.

TimH

hrmm well I don't think the Timmy is quite it either. I guess it's probably not out there...

jamison162

No the AC Booster is more of a TS type pedal...it has a bit of a mid hump.

RC = Rig Conductor = Clean Boost
AC = as in Vox AC30 = Colors your tone in an EL84 kinda way right.
BB = Blues Breaker = more gain and compression available for that Bluesy strat lead tone.

But yeah, I agree with Timmy, BD-2 (Keeley BD-2). Not sure I agree on the Barber LTD though.

Cap'n Fingers

RC = Rig Conductor = Clean Boost
AC = as in Vox AC30 = Colors your tone in an EL84 kinda way right.
BB = Blues Breaker = more gain and compression available for that Bluesy strat lead tone.

But yeah, I agree with Timmy, BD-2 (Keeley BD-2). Not sure I agree on the Barber LTD though.

I thought I heard Xotic say AC stood for Almost Clean
and RC was Real Clean.

ruby7829

I've had an RC for years. Only pedal I've never sold. I always felt the Tim gave me a similar feel with just a little more grit.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom