• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is there a pedal that sounds like RC Booster with more gain?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
I love the sound and feel of the RC Booster. I wish it has just slightly more gain. I don't need any more gain than a TS808 really but I love how the RC sounds like my amp with just more grit. So what say you? Keeley BD2? Katana? Anything that does this but with a bit more grit?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
The BB Preamp can be run clean and has lots of gain if you crank it up.
Yes this is true but I think the BB has a bit too much compression...it may be worth trying though.

Tim

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Timmy would be my first choice. I would say it can do everything the RC can do and has more gain on tap

Barber Silver LTD or BD-2 would be the second and third choices.

sampleinajar

What about the AC booster? I thought that was THE description of the AC booster (an RC with more grit)....

Steve

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
No the AC Booster is more of a TS type pedal...it has a bit of a mid hump.

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
hrmm well I don't think the Timmy is quite it either. I guess it's probably not out there...

jamison162

No the AC Booster is more of a TS type pedal...it has a bit of a mid hump.
RC = Rig Conductor = Clean Boost
AC = as in Vox AC30 = Colors your tone in an EL84 kinda way right.
BB = Blues Breaker = more gain and compression available for that Bluesy strat lead tone.

But yeah, I agree with Timmy, BD-2 (Keeley BD-2). Not sure I agree on the Barber LTD though.

Cap'n Fingers

RC = Rig Conductor = Clean Boost
AC = as in Vox AC30 = Colors your tone in an EL84 kinda way right.
BB = Blues Breaker = more gain and compression available for that Bluesy strat lead tone.

But yeah, I agree with Timmy, BD-2 (Keeley BD-2). Not sure I agree on the Barber LTD though.

I thought I heard Xotic say AC stood for Almost Clean
and RC was Real Clean.

ruby7829

I've had an RC for years. Only pedal I've never sold. I always felt the Tim gave me a similar feel with just a little more grit.

Trending Topics