• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Is there a pedal that will make my Hot Rod Deluxe sound like a Mesa?

gearmeup

I don't have the 2 or 3k to drop on a Mark or a Duel Rec. any suggestions? I bought an OCD but it doesn't give that fat low end, great tone tho, but not hard enough. What are my options! I play progressive metal/ experimental rock. Help help help.
I need experts

The Wampler Triple Wreck is made to do just that. Check out the Youtube clips. They go for like 250$ but Wampler is now being sold by many of the bigger guys. like GC, so you can probably even check one out before you buy.

Phletch

Uhhh, how about a Mesa pedal? The Flux Drive (or the new Flux Five with Mesa's 5-band graphic EQ built into the pedal) is touted as a "Mark series in a box" pedal. If you want higher gain limits there's the Throttle Box. Use them over your amp set clean, and you should be well in the ball park.

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Barber Dirty Bomb gets you there

this should be in the pedals forum, no?

gearmeup

Thank you guys. Off to guitar center and Sam ash to give the Wamplers a whirl. My phone will be handy if there are any other suggestions.

Kriso77

Silver Supporting Member
Get the pedal, but consider a speaker change too if you have the stock speaker.

gearmeup

So I called every Wampler dealer and the only place that has it is an hour away. And my GAS will lead me there tomorrow. I put it on layaway.

Thank you guys for the great recommendation can't wait to tryout the Triple Wreck 260 bucks but whatever.

gearmeup

Barber Dirty Bomb gets you there

this should be in the pedals forum, no?
It should but, I believe you amp guys are more competent......I know.....were one in the same.
Barbers are impossible to find in LA I always wanted to try the gain changer

J M Fahey

Is there a pedal that will make my Hot Rod Deluxe sound like a Mesa?
Short answer: NO .
Slightly longer: you can't beat Physics.

Your speaker and cabinet are not at the level needed.

Not bad, at all, but definitely not a closed back 4x12"with beefy speakers.

Tone Loco

Gold Supporting Member
Short answer: NO .
Slightly longer: you can't beat Physics.

Your speaker and cabinet are not at the level needed.

Not bad, at all, but definitely not a closed back 4x12"with beefy speakers.
OTOH Mesa has made plenty of models that don't use 4x12 cabinets. They started out and made their name initially with a 1x12 combo. Granted, they were stout 12" speakers.

gearmeup

OTOH Mesa has made plenty of models that don't use 4x12 cabinets. They started out and made their name initially with a 1x12 combo. Granted, they were stout 12" speakers.
This is very true and they still give that Mesa beefy sound

gearmeup

But seriously though, what about Mesa pedals?
I don't feel like people have much respect for them from all the reviews I've seen.
There amps are a different story.

I wouldn't put it pass them for making their pedals sound intentionally a little worse than the amp.
Because then what would be the point of the 2500 or 3k on an amp.

I want to try and Surh Right too that's kinda hard to find also

Find a used Mesa V-Twin pedal, put 12AT7 tubes in it, and change out your stock speaker for an EV-12M. You will be in Mark III territory very quickly.

gearmeup

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a Wampler Triple Rec!
I wanted to try the Riot but I am very happy.....
I've finally finally finally finally finally finally found the tone I was looking for

I know it's the honeymoon phase but I think my GAS Is done and it's all thanks to you guys.

After reading the reviews online I was a little skeptical.
Dude the thing is like a Mesa! It might even sound better ;)
This could be the greatest TPG secret or maybe it just sounds good coming out of my Hot Rod with my EMG pickups, anyways thanks again guys.

You guys are always super knowledgable and I appreciate it. I haven't even tweaked the EQ settings.
If anyone owns this pedal give me the ins and outs or your setting especially if you have an amp similarly mine.
Anyways thanks again dudes. :dude

logdrum

GAS is never done but you could have flipped your ap for 450 add the 260 and from 100-200 more got a mini rectoverb ROV 25 and got the real thing

Congrats though

Trending Topics

Top Bottom