• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

is there a stereo outs analog delay

dB

Silver Supporting Member
just started a pretty similar thread. are you looking for true stereo, or wet/dry output? do you mind if it's partially digital? so far, i've found:

toneczar echoczar
retrosonic
strymon brigadier
empress?
diamond memory lane

Vishnu

just started a pretty similar thread. are you looking for true stereo, or wet/dry output? do you mind if it's partially digital? so far, i've found:

toneczar echoczar
retrosonic
strymon brigadier
empress?
diamond memory lane

actually i was wonderin' if the stereo outs were wet and dry?

i think i would prefer the twin outs to be the same (wet)

you think if i just fed a single out put from a carbon copy into a wet stereo then into two amps fro the wet i would get my delayed signal through BOTH amps ?

dB

Silver Supporting Member
you think if i just fed a single out put from a carbon copy into a wet stereo then into two amps fro the wet i would get my delayed signal through BOTH amps ?
yes, but the actual delay would be dual mono...ie, just two of the same exact signal. it still sounds really big and spacious, but it's not a stereo delay signal.

dB

Silver Supporting Member
does the stereo wet have two inputs? that's the other half of the equation when using multiple stereo pedals and keeping it all actually in stereo.

btw, the flashback and echopark are very good, inexpensive delays with both stereo in and out.

Vishnu

yes, but the actual delay would be dual mono...ie, just two of the same exact signal. it still sounds really big and spacious, but it's not a stereo delay signal.

the dual mono you speak off....is that not the default setting in the boss dd20? you know....wet/wet

Vishnu

does the stereo wet have two inputs? that's the other half of the equation when using multiple stereo pedals and keeping it all actually in stereo.

btw, the flashback and echopark are very good, inexpensive delays with both stereo in and out.

yes

dB

Silver Supporting Member
the dual mono you speak off....is that not the default setting in the boss dd20? you know....wet/wet
not sure about the dd20. a true stereo signal will send half the image to one side and half to the other, creating a much larger/spatial/dynamic/dimensional seeming image when you finally hear them come together. the easiest example to understand would be a ping pong setting...ping goes to one amp and pong goes to the other with the net effect being the sound bouncing from one amp to the other.

dual mono would send ping/pong to one amp and ping/pong to the other. the net effect would just be a really big sound, but not nearly as dimensional as true stereo.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
To have a true stereo delay requires two separate delay lines. No one is currently doing that. The effects all listed above have wet/dry or dry/mix dual outputs, which is cool, and can give you a nice stereo image, but not the delayed signals moving from amp to amp in stereo. For that you've got to go digital, or split the signal and use two separate delays.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of old analog delays have one input, and two outputs: wet and dry. Great feature, but not really stereo.

teleclem

toneczar echoczar
retrosonic
strymon brigadier
empress?
diamond memory lane
Just to clarify - the Empress only has a mono out.

Whalestone

The effects all listed above have wet/dry or dry/mix dual outputs, which is cool, and can give you a nice stereo image, but not the delayed signals moving from amp to amp in stereo. For that you've got to go digital, or split the signal and use two separate delays.
...or find a Rockman Stereo Echo.

Trending Topics