Is there a way to increase boost on Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tjinca1, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tjinca1

tjinca1 Member

I was wondering (since I didn't want to open my Pinnacle unless you guys say do it) if there is an inside "pot" or whatever you call it where I can turn up the boost on the Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe? I don't notice much of a difference when I kick it on or off - just a very slight difference.

2. Agreed

Agreed Member

The boost on the Pinnacle Deluxe is a gain boost to kik in added dirt, not a volume boost - lots of crunch, little volume. There is a pot inside that controls the output buffer (which only turns on when you engage it) - from the factory it's set up as just that, a buffer, to stabilize it so that it plays nice with whatever comes afterward, but you can adjust it to see if you get a different, desired behavior from it. Mark where it's at to start with, though, so can put it back if you don't like the change.