Is there an Analog Delay with Stereo INPUTS?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by alex_toney, Mar 18, 2008.

1. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

Hey all... I am looking at upgrading my DL4 to a Timefactor, my MM4 to a Nova Modulator (when it comes out) and keeping my Verbzilla. I will be making this a full true-stereo board which will sit in the FX loop of my amp, and in stereo when I get a second amp.

I would like a purely Analog Delay on there, but in order to do full stereo I can't think of anything other than having one with stereo inputs, but I haven't been able to find one. I could always go the 2 pedal route, but I'd rather just have one pedal if there is one.

Any suggestions?

2. mild

mild Member

I can't think of any off the top of my head - I'd love to be wrong though...

With that said, my advice would be to run it first in that chain of effects that you have listed there - so, Analog Delay -> Mod -> Timefactor -> Verb -> Amps...

Plenty of Analog Delays have the stereo out...

3. allmonochrome

allmonochrome Member

4. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

So I checked out the Malekko Echo 600 but it doesn't have Stereo inputs... also, in response to the suggestion about putting an analog with stereo outs first, I need it to be completely stereo because it will be in 2 amps' effects loops. Otherwise, I would have readily done that! Thanks, though... any more suggestions folks?

5. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

I don't think I've seen any analouge delays with stereo outs. They may exist. You may have to do some modding or just buy a cheap Behringer digital delay like the DD100 or DD400 to split your signal to the two amps front ends and then just have a mono analogue delay with the mix knob set to maximum through your wet amp effects loop. That's what I do with my stereo set up and it works great. You can also split your signal with a stereo chorus pedal if you want to avoid having a second delay. I just like a lot of delays in my board for different length echoes.

6. bestegw

bestegw Member

Actually none of the mono-in-stereo-out delays are truly stereo. They just split signals between direct out and effect out, which gives you faux-stereo.

Personally, I don't know of any other possibility that joining two mono delays in one box and giving users the option of going for mono-controls or dual controls for true stereo. That would retain a true stereo image. True bypass could be a problem, since you couldn't work with a standard 3PDT-switch and would have to go for something like relay switching (which gives you "relay" on your "delay" :roll).

I'm planning on designing my own analog delay and stereo would be a cool option to have stereo-in-stereo-out with dual delays and a dual switchable delay-time control. So, thank you for a great idea!!!

7. JVania

JVania Member

I know that this isn't analog but it fits your requirements, the dl4. Just a thought and for the record I'm not a big dl4 guy it just has the stereo ins and outs.

8. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

Yes!!! This would be a cool idea, I was actually thinking of emailing a builder and suggesting it, seeing if he would try and do this as a custom project for me - 2 units in 1 box, with 1 footswitch but separate controls. That would be AWESOME! I would love it on something like Keeley's AD9 mod where he has the self-oscillation/feedback switch as well as the on/off switch.

I actually have a DL4 now, and I will be replacing it with a Timefactor... so I don't plan on keeping it, and I do want an actual Analog pedal... thanks though!

9. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

anyone else seen one?

10. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

I was actually just going to suggest that you find a mono-mono delay that you like and buy two of them. Run one on each channel.

11. mild

mild Member

Continuing with this idea... I was thinking of how you could switch them both on and off at the same time... get a loooper style company to great you a bypass box, that has two loops as seperate channels, and one switch to activate both channels at once. Bam! Stereo analog delay! :BEER

12. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

Haha... I totally figured this one out yesterday... I suppose it would be cheaper too (possibly) than getting a custom one built.

13. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

Boss LS-2..?

14. Bluewail

Bluewail Tone curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Well not analog but about the closest things to it with stereo in's and out's is a DLS EchoTap. If you didn't know it was digital, you'd be hard pressed to tell with the tone control (hi rolloff) up a bit.