Is there an obvious and unspoken inspiration for Skreddy Pedals?

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, I know many of his pedals are inspired by the Big Muff, but I'm curious if there's a more specific connection. I now have three (well, one is still on order) Skreddys and I'm wondering the history behind them. I apologize if I'm being dense, but I know very little about pedal history.

1) When the Mayo is described as a "circa 1971" tone, is that implying a triangle BMP? So it's like a triangle Big Muff on steriods?

2) Pink Flesh - It's like a hybrid of a rams head and a triangle, no?

3) Lunar Module - Is it a straight-up rams head derivative with some modification?

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I know many of his pedals are inspired by the Big Muff, but I'm curious if there's a more specific connection?

How are you on your pink-floyd trivia? [post Syd Barrett]
Sound-wise, Gilmour uses a graphic eq and a boost? with his big muff for a sort of "ideal studio" version.

justonwo

Pink Floyd trivia not so strong. I know the songs well, but no so much the group or their sound.

Zero Point

I like Skreddy as a person. Have read and spoken to him in forums about pedals and such for a while now. On several forums.

-ZP

rkeaton

I'm curious about the lunar module, because I love the lead tones on DSOTM but I know I could get close with a bc108c fuzz.

Zero Point

Pink Floyd trivia not so strong. I know the songs well, but no so much the group or their sound.

Pink Flesh = The Wall era sound

Mayo = a muffy muffulator (not sure what it is based from)

Zero = Smashing Pumpkins Muff

Lunar Module = Dark Side of the Moon overdrivy Fuzz Face sound

? Lady = First Guild pedal the Muff is evolved from.

etc :)

Dave

I think it was just made to capture the sound from the Pumpkins song "Mayonaise".
That's my understanding as well. I believe Marc actually built a pedal called the "Mayonaise" at one time. Hopefully he'll see this thread and enlighten us.

rewog

The Lunar Module is not Muff based.

Mayo, Mayonaise and Zero are inspired by Smashing Pumpkins.

JCM 800

I think Marc is rather straight forward on what his pedals are based on. It's refreshing instead of having new builder "X" come out with a gooped pedal that he says is original, only to find out it's yet another tube screamer clone.

Props to Skreddy!

EXP

Silver Supporting Member
He has good taste and makes some killer sounding pedals. Not to mention the Floyd graphics are the coolest!

justonwo

Mayo, Mayonaise and Zero are inspired by Smashing Pumpkins.

Yeah, that's why I got mine. :)

But the Pumpkins got their sound somehow. I figured it was based off whatever pedal Corgan is using, which I assume is a BMP.

So the Lunar Module is a silicon Fuzz Face derivative. Interesting.

erksin

I honestly have zero interest in any of the Muff-flavored pedals (wait for it), but the Screw Driver I recently borrowed was easily one of the best all-around overdrives I've ever played. I will have one someday - soon I hope!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom