Is there another female rock vocalist even close to Ann Wilson?

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
Watched a very eye-opening special on LR not long ago. She excelled at everything she put her heart to. She also has the best-ever selling foreign music album in the U.S.

"The Sound of My Voice", perhaps? If so, yeah, I saw it and it's excellent. If not, you (or any LR fan) should check it out (and let me know which one you saw).

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
THANK YOU. She was an incredible vocalist and gets no credit. Probably my favorite.
She is awesome. Too bad they were not around longer. Awesome band also.
She has done a LOT of post-CB work, and STILL writes music currently from her place in the desert, and while most of it isn't as much "rock" as CB, it still has her great lyrics and her voice.

Bigsby

Ann Wilson is amazing. The 80s corporate rock thing lost me, but I would pay big money to see the original Heart line up perform. Multiple dates if possible.

My two top favorite women rock singers are Liz Fraser and Anna Mae Bullock.

AltecGreen

Gold Supporting Member
There have been a TON of powerful singers that have come into the music scene in the past 40+ years since Ann Wilson recorded her most famous songs. Floor Jansen and Elise Ryd immediately come to mind (and have been mentioned already), but here are many others:

Once you leave the US, there are too many choices to even pick. I agree with your list. Let me add a few more.

Brittney Slayes of Unleash the Archers.

Noora Louhimo of Battle Beast

Fuki of Unlucky Morpheus/Doll$Boxx/Fuki Commune

Saiki of Band-Maid

Keiko Terada of Show-ya. (Show-ya formed in 1981 and and are still going strong today)

ss396

In the realm of Rock, I think Ann is the Queen. Just so many jaw dropping cuts. I loved Pat. I thought Sandi Saraya had her a minute of being awesome, but her career was cut too short. Lately I love Lizzy Hale, just listen to I love the misery, and Can I get an Amen, she rocks.

Serious Poo