• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is there any use for a Rainbow Machine?

I would rather not say why, but I just acquired EQD Rainbow Machine number two.
It had nothing to do with the iridescent color scheme as opposed to the pink...
No it does, it makes me feel 17.
But I seriously do feel like there is a melodic use for it, especially in conjunction with my GK3.
But otherwise, that sound has to fit in somewhere...
right?

...right?

GreenKnight18

For my tastes & needs it wouldn't be useful, but I can certainly see it coloring one song or two during a chorus or bridge-- like a good tool to have in the studio.

One poster in another forum said it was perfect to get the sound of whales in Star Trek III.

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
I wouldn't do much lead-work with it, but it would be a cool background effect for backing tracks.

Or, if you did any ambient stuff or a neat outro. I wouldn't write a pop song around it, but I could see it being used a lot for recording.

hollowhero

It can be subtle and put out some chorus or light reverb sounds. However, its specialty are those "freak-out" sounds great for ambient and experimental music

MikeTz

Definitely considering picking one up, I'm not a gigging musician, but I do jam with my buddies and when playing at home I love to experiment with quirky pedals. Not to mention EQD's Organizer is a gem that I will be keeping forever, just a fantastic pedal - don't know how they did it, those creative bastards.

Russ-T

the rainbow machine is by far the most psychadelic pedal out there, so unless you're into stoner/psychadelic/experimental music - don't bother!

seeings though the aforementioned styles are right up my alley, how's this setup sound dead-heads?

rainbow machine
danelectro reverse delay
ring modulator
roland space echo tape delay

freak out! :dude

Trending Topics