Is there anything similar to a Parker?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Impper, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Impper

Impper Member

Hey guys,

For most of my guitar-playing life, I've played a Parker Nitefly-M. This thing just loves me, and I love it back. I know the pickups inside and out, and the neck fits my hand like a glove. All of my bends are right there, and the piezo sounds great.

Unfortunately, this has ruined me for other guitars. I've gone through Strats, Gibsons, vintage Epiphones, and I just can't get used to any of them.

Well, I'm in the middle of selling a beautiful EJ Strat that has awesome action, and is pretty much one of my favorite Strats ever. With the money, I'm looking to buy a Parker fly, mainly for the stereo-piezo out, neck, light weight, and rock-solid tuning stability.

Before I do that, though, I want to know if you guys have any recommendations for a guitar to try out that's similar to the Parker. Are Ibanezes and Jacksons in any way similar to Parkers? The guitar shops near me don't exactly have a lot of 'shred' type guitars. Are there any guits out there with a similar ease of playability, comfortable neck, and great tone? I was looking at some Jems, and other higher-end Ibanezes, and the feature set seems similar, but are they really similar? Looking for any experience, or wise words, thanks :)

note: Not looking for a Floyd Rose, though. One thing I love about Parkers is the sort of whacky trem system it has... no tuning instability whatsoever.

2. Impper

Impper Member

Wow, what a wild guitar. It looks great, but I can tell just from looking at it that there's no way I could afford it! Maybe when I'm older :mob