Is there anything special you'd like to see your favorite guitar manufacturer make?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 70' s Tone, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Mpcoluv

Mpcoluv Supporting Member

I would love PRS to make a version of a telecaster.....
    Then I would enjoy the howls of the PRS haters as it became successful and back ordered.

2. Guitarworks

Guitarworks Member

It's funny how so many people's wants for a given company's current model of this or that is the 'right idea' or 'how it's supposed to be'.

"C'mon ________, just dump the __________ version of this model. It's been a reliable top-seller since you introduced it nearly 40 years ago, but it's totally lame and nobody likes it. It shouldn't be hanging around with the two preceding versions of that model that I think are much cooler (which are also still in production and available for me to purchase if I want). The ________ version never should've existed in the first place! Get rid of it!" :rolleyes2:

3. Phila67

Phila67 Member

I don't know. Seems like everything is kind of out there already.

Maybe some kind of affordable LPC Custom Black Beauty with staple pickups and a Bigsby--Like a "Classic" version with baked maple FB and top body binding so it doesn't cost over $7,000?

A Grestch "Red Betty" type without the P-90. Really like that shape, color and size. Also a Penguin style Gretsch but without the oversized white falcon style headstock.

American Original 60s Strat with aged clay dots (you know, 'cause the pearloid dots are such deal a breaker...;)).

A three filtertron strat like the 2018 Special Edition Jazzmaster?

4. JeffK

JeffK Member

^^^

OldHootOwl and scolfax like this.
  5. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Not necessarily my favorite manufacturer but a two HB Vela or a Vela with two of the Vela neck pickups looks pretty good to me. They might think about something like that. Or maybe a Paul's Guitar SE with the S2 body shape. I don't expect that ever.

hunter

6. om42

om42 Silver Supporting Member

I would love to see a light weight Collings interpretation of a Telecaster...

Bryan T likes this.
  7. timmat

timmat Supporting Member

Gibson Les Paul Special double cut, bound neck, TV yellow. They came out with a single cut as a 2019 production model, but I'd love a double cut version of that exact same model.

8. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

I'm surprised they haven't tried their hand at that.

9. jwguitar

jwguitar Supporting Member

I would like to see Washburn reissue some of their older models such as the wing series and the A20V. Also I’d like them to expand the Idol series to offer different features and finishes.

10. Mickey_C

Mickey_C The Original Racketeer

A PRS singlecut with crown inlays.

11. bearbike137

bearbike137 Supporting Member

I don't see that happening. For whatever reason, Bill Collings was partial to Martin and Gibson designs.

12. OldHootOwl

OldHootOwl Member

I sympathize with both points. Out of curiosity, what do you play now? What is your Fender substitute?

I think different styles necessitate different scale lengths on different models but there is no reason whatsoever that premium, American made guitars shouldn't have the best available components. I support stainless steel frets, locking tuners, graphtech nuts and neck volutes being standard on all American guitars. Companies like Schecter, Reverend and ESP manage to squeeze these and other features on their Korean imports (which are amazing in quality and value) so why can't they be the go-to standard for MIA guitars as well?

JeffK likes this.
  13. JeffK

JeffK Member

I like that Schecter has made SS frets available on shelf stock models. I just wish they didn't all seem to be aimed solely at the EMG/Floyd Rose customers.

OldHootOwl likes this.
  14. OldHootOwl

OldHootOwl Member

Yeah, sometimes guitars that are punching above their weight in terms of spec set have features I don't want or need, such as EMG's or Fishmans or Floyds (I agree with you on those points) but you still gotta respect that initiative providing extra bang for buck.

Sometimes you get nice little surprises from the Big Two, as well. For example, the Nashville Deluxe Tele is MIM but it has locking tuners stock. Noice noice! Unfortunately, there seems to be no rhyme or reason, pro specs are just applied here and there with no standard. I really believe that, for every MIA guitar Gibson and Fender produce, SS frets, locking tuners, graphtech nuts and neck volutes (on tilt-back headstocks) should be barebones requirements. When they're not there, I just feel like we're being charged for the name on the headstock and that crap never mattered to begin with.

JeffK likes this.
  15. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Member

It's not my favorite manufacturer, but I would like Epiphone to make a Korina Futura to replace the Gibson Futura I had to sell and wouldn't be able to afford to buy back now that they stopped using Korina.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 58flame

58flame Member

A free guitar, just for me.

17. Turbo Gerbil

Turbo Gerbil Member

I need a Yairi folk body cutaway 12-fret neck and 1 7/8 nut steel stringer please.

18. Jay Will

Jay Will Member

Yeah, go back to making solid body electric guitars again. Abraham Wechter is only focusing on acoustics at the moment.

19. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Everything I would want is already out there. Most of it is just too expensive for me.

20. DC1

DC1 Member

Fenders with wide necks. 1.75 at the nut and 12-15” radii.

dc

Motherfuzzer likes this.