Is there anything special you'd like to see your favorite guitar manufacturer make?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 70' s Tone, Jul 8, 2019.

1. D|C|M|E

D|C|M|E Member

I just want Gibson to take all the fittings of their 2019 line of 50's style LP and put it out in wine red with white body and neck binding, chrome hardware/pickup covers and all black plastic parts with a homogenously super dark rosewood fretboard. Don't have the cash to custom order it but if it was on Sweetwater I could finance it.

Oh yeah, with Grover kidney tuners too.

eldorado2001 likes this.
  2. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Warmoth partscaster and Suhr Classic S.

OldHootOwl likes this.
  3. Qstick333

Qstick333 Member

I just want a production run of a full contoured tele. I know I can go partscaster, but I don’t enjoy that process and just want to walk into a store and play a bunch of guitars and fall in love with one.

4. Dickey

Dickey Member

I hate the necks on new guitars; can't stand unfinished bare wood, and doesn't anyone know how to make a skinny neck without sharp fret ends anymore? Was interested in the new Fender sixty-six; really loved the bodyshape, but the neck just sucked as per usual nowadays. Big,fat unfinished baseball bat with sharp fret ends.
    Which is why I only own vintage original guitars.

5. RebelShredMojo

RebelShredMojo Member

I've been wanting Ibanez to make a lefty Floral pattern JEM for years. But thats what I get for playing with the hand of Satan.

6. eldorado2001

eldorado2001 Member

I'd like for Gibson to re-introduce the ES137 Custom, in light burst or wine red transparent. I have the Classic but I need the Custom also.

7. killer blues

killer blues Member

I don't have favorite manufacturers only favorite guitars.

8. OldHootOwl

OldHootOwl Member

Sorry for the stupid question and thank you for humoring me (this probably deserves a second thread) but what is the Warmoth experience like? I know you're buying the body and neck and all the parts on their own and assembling them yourself but can you request that they come pre-painted with your choice of finish? If I don't want to build a guitar but I like the idea of customizing everything, can you pay extra for Warmoth to put the instrument together after you pick and pay for the parts?

9. 3940bigdaddy

3940bigdaddy Supporting Member

Gibson already has a Prehistoric, Historic and True Historic. This time I want a Real Authentic.:p:p:p.

10. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

It would be nice if Fender offered a non-custom shop USA Strat with H-S-S and a Floyd Rose.

I've always wished there was a Suhr Pro Series with 1.687 nut width.

I wish Ibanez would make one of the older PGM models with H-S-S or H-S config.

11. Uncle Vinnie

Uncle Vinnie Member

You'd like this one. I'm not a Strat guy, but if I were to buy one this would be it. Nice fat neck (relatively speaking for Strats that is.)
    https://www.gbase.com/gear/fender-custom-shop-60-nos-stratocaster-2010-charcoal-frost

Being a Les Paul guy, I'd like to see Gibson offer an Historic Goldtop (1956) chambered, with a nice fat round baseball neck, ebony fretboard, and staple P90 in the neck position.
    Then I could die happy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  12. AA864

AA864 Member

A 2019/2020 double cut Gibson LP Jr & Special in TV Yellow, wrapbar, fat 50s neck .... not the current Tribute with the big wraparound pg. Something similar to the current single cut Original models.

13. ctreitzell

ctreitzell Member

Gibson 355
    Vintage burst
    with 5pc neck, bridge, trapeze PUs from an L5

14. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Member

I'd like to see Gibson build an SG with a plain ebony board, no inlays. Humbucker and P-90 versions.

15. Bossanova

Bossanova Silver Supporting Member

I wish they’d stop tempting me at this point! I’m lucky, need nothing

16. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

It's good. I bought the guitar on the emporium here and it came with a Musikraft neck with a soft vee and finished Warmoth body. I want something fuller so I went back to Warmoth for the neck.

Yes, you can request color and finish. Mine's a matte finish rather than gloss. No, Warmoth does not do assembly but I've got a local guy who can do that at his guitar store. Same with MJT, I believe.

OldHootOwl likes this.
  17. fescue

fescue Member

Telecaster with a 24.75 scale.

18. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I didn't even know they offered that, thanks.

Yes, the last two guitars I had done the necks were based on the specs of my old ES175 which was .96" from nut to 12th. Nice fat C shape. Baseball bat deluxe.

19. Uncle Vinnie

Uncle Vinnie Member

@derekd, I hear ya. Fat necks are best. The red Deluxe in my avatar is about as thin as I can comfortably play. My R6 is about .96-.97 @ first fret and it's perfect.

20. AprioriMark

AprioriMark Supporting Member

Hi, Fender. I see you there, always making new spins on the same "reissues." CAN WE PLEASE GET HARDTAIL VERSIONS OF SOME OF THESE GUITARS, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT DOES NOT SUCK?

Yes. I would buy some. Most importantly, I would buy one for one of my favorite human beings who had to sell his #1 to finance a family move and has not been able to find a production model since.

Wtf, why not make hardtail Strats?

-Mark

JWDubois likes this.