Is there no love?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Artimus82, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Artimus82

Artimus82 Member

So I've been trolling the boards and looking at everyone's boards.
    I've counted ONE Durham Electronics Sex Drive. . .

Gawsh, you guys... I thought this was a super usable pedal. Thought I'd see way more out there :confused:

Anyways, the reason I bring it up: I use one and I'm trying to figure out where the hell to put it in the chain. I wondered if anyone out there had a preference or a "this is why and that's all!" bit of input :)

First pedals to catch my signal are: EB volume -> TU-2 -> OCD -> Eternity Kanji

At first, I shoved the Sex Drive in front of everything else. Then I put it out after the E.
    I know it's whatever sounds good to your ear, and honestly it sounds great in both spots, but I wondered if anyone out there used it somewhere else or could suggest a new spot?

omg that's all.

Thanks!

2. Artimus82

Artimus82 Member

3. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

There are quite a few Sex Drive users on TGP. I've been running one for a couple years.

I run mine early in the chain to boost my OD's. It coaxes more harmonics and gives the overdrive a nice clarity. Wouldn't play without it!

Lately I'm thinking of giving the Retrosonic FA-1 boost a shot to see if it can replace the SD. But it will have to be real good to replace it!

4. mprvise

mprvise Member

I've got one on my small board. First in chain for the same reasons listed above.

5. Artimus82

Artimus82 Member

awesome guys, thanks :)
    further affirmation for me!

man, I love that pedal.
    It's pretty much ALWAYS on~

6. jtw

jtw Member

Another big +1 for the Sex Drive. I'm currently using it as an acoustic preamp for my Turner Renaissance (which is another FANTASTIC use for this pedal), but it has certainly seen a lot of action on my electric board as well.

I think there are quite a few out there in rotation on gigging boards.

jtw

7. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

8. Vintagegitar.no

Vintagegitar.no Member

I have built at least 30 pedalboards for customers and clients and I always place the Sexdrive last, even after delay.

I have used my SD for about 4 years now and I never leave the house for a gig without it.

9. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

I've had the sexdrive in my rig multiple times. always thought it was a great pedal. Finally put it to rest when I got my klon. I just ended up not needing anything to help my signal out at all. everything sounds great as is at this point.

10. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Do you use the Klon at the end as a boost/buffer, or at the beginning?

11. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

I always had mine at the beginning of the chain. I found it to work well for adding clarity, and a little bit of extra hair before my primary overdrive pedal. Tightened things up nicely as well.