Is there such a thing as an amp head stand?

Imran5000

I'm currently using an old wooden TV cabinet to put my Peavey Invective on but would like a stand to save space. I've see amp stands however the arms may get in the way of the ins and outs at the back so is there anything on the market specifically made for amp heads?

Muzzy

Silver Supporting Member
There's plenty of stands for other things. Look them up. You may find something that's perfect. Tray stands for restaurants come to mind. Plant stands?

I'll be building an amp stand designed to accommodate a head, high and level, and at least one 1x12 at a tilt, in the not-too-distant future. Not hard to build, and I enjoy doing stuff like that anyway.

Imran5000

How about a keyboard stand?
Hmmm not a bad shout it's just the Invective weighs a ton I'd be worried if a keyboard stand could do the job.

I'll be building an amp stand designed to accommodate a head, high and level, and at least one 1x12 at a tilt, in the not-too-distant future. Not hard to build, and I enjoy doing stuff like that anyway.
Are you in London lol - I whack you some cash to build me one !

There's plenty of stands for other things. Look them up. You may find something that's perfect. Tray stands for restaurants come to mind. Plant stands?
Thanks you're right maybe something which isn't dedicated could fit the bill, maybe even some kinda metal rack shelving who knows

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
I was recommended a stand like this one:

It can work wonderfully for some amp heads & cabs. What I found out, however, is that the spacing of the vertical and diagonal support pieces interfered with my power cord and speaker output cable on the back of the head. You cannot adjust the spacing on the upper part (for the head, presumably). I don't mind breaking convention, and I discovered that some heads that don't fit up top can be made to fit below, and I put the cab (1x12 in my case) up above. It looks weird, but it works, and the higher cab location actually disperses sound better. Still, it can be awkward, and perhaps not what you'd envisioned.

Imran5000

I was recommended a stand like this one:

It can work wonderfully for some amp heads & cabs. What I found out, however, is that the spacing of the vertical and diagonal support pieces interfered with my power cord and speaker output cable on the back of the head. You cannot adjust the spacing on the upper part (for the head, presumably). I don't mind breaking convention, and I discovered that some heads that don't fit up top can be made to fit below, and I put the cab (1x12 in my case) up above. It looks weird, but it works, and the higher cab location actually disperses sound better. Still, it can be awkward, and perhaps not what you'd envisioned.
I avoided that for the precise reason that it would likely block the ins and outs at the back

Trending Topics