• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Is this a Celestion vintage 30?

Balok

I have a chance to trade for some of these. Is this speaker the same as a vintage 30? thanks experts...

TimSt.L

I know exactly what your going through. I had the exact same ones come from a Marshall 1960b cab.
Honestly man, I loved those speakers. I traded them for a set of version g12-t 75's and I missed them quite a lot. I dont think they sound exactly like the vintage 30's not made by marshall.(the originals) but i dont think they are inferior in any way.

Rex Nomad

There are differences. I have owned the "Vintage" the "Vintage 30" and the Mesa versions. They all sound a bit different.

That link posted above is an absolute must read if you want to know about the V30.

solitaire

Didn't the early Vintage speakers have cloth surround or at least a different cone than what's made today? I think that might be the sure teller.

madryan

I've owned a bunch of V30's, both Chinese and English, new and old, and the common denominator seems to be that they take forever to break in but once they do they basically all sound the same.

That's my opinion but it's what I've found.

speedemon

It is supposed to be, those came in the 1960"v" cabs. I didn't think it was quite a V30, but the weird thing, it was tough to dial in with my JMP, but worked great with my VS100.

jboyjams

It is supposed to be, those came in the 1960"v" cabs. I didn't think it was quite a V30, but the weird thing, it was tough to dial in with my JMP, but worked great with my VS100.
Yes - my 1960AV is stock (same speakers as the one shown in the OP).

It sounded good with my 1987x and Super 100JH.

Top Bottom