• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this a fair trade? LP Studio for SG Standard

Graffman71

I have a Gibson LP Tribute 60's and have been offered a straight trade for a 2011 SG Standard. Is this a fair trade? Assuming that it is fair deal should I be concerned that the guitar has had aftermarket work done and has been reliced?

cutaway

relic'd? home-brew relics can be trouble. yes. i'd say it's of some concern. if you want to dump it off in the future, consider it non-original and dinged all to hell instead of relic'd.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
It was a great deal till you mentioned the relic. You'd have to look at it, but probably not. Used Standards in great condition are pretty cheap.

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Did you ever own an SG?
I can't play them - my right arm really clamps on the guitar, and I am doing "Neck-bends" all the time. not in a good way. Does not happen on my LP Studio, or on my old LP Custom.
The relic thing scares me too.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I'd be concerned with the aftermarket work and relicing. Other than that if both were in excellent used condition Id say the SG is worth a tad more than your guitar.

vortexxxx

Unless the relicing looks like it was dome by someone with skills like Murphy I would also say no. Aftermarket relicing can greatly reduce the value of the guitar.

Trending Topics