• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Is this a fuzz? How can I get this solo tone?

Gonkboy

Doesn't sound very fuzz to me. Sounds like a really nice 59 Les Paul tone coming out of a distorting amp. If you have a Les Paul then it shouldn't be too difficult to get near. I think Felder used a Fender tweed turned up to 10.

Gonkboy

Those Les Pauls sounded great. The long neck tendon, the pickups, the wood, they all combine into an incredible sounding guitar. If you're looking for a 59 Les Paul a lot of Japanese companies make pretty faithful reproductions without the worry of Gibson's somewhat inconsistent finishing. I have a Orville Les Paul and, if I had Felder's talent, I reckon I could get it to sound close to the video with a decent cranked valve amp.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I know it is not technically a fuzz (cranked Deluxe, yes) but it certainly sounds like a fuzz.

Using a fuzz will be the easiest way to cop this tone.

Trending Topics