• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this a vintage Fender strap?

DBBlues

Formerly fullertone
Gold Supporting Member
Okay, it probably isn't, but a guy can hope. The story is that I bought a 1972 Twin amp about ten years ago, and this strap and a bunch of NOS tubes were in the back. The previous owner's niece sold the amp to me; I had the feeling that the uncle had died some years before. I've tried to look up vintage Fender straps, and I just find the reissues.

DBBlues

Formerly fullertone
Gold Supporting Member
According to the Vintage Guitar Info site,
"Pre-CBS black Strat straps do not have a "Fender" logo on the strap buckle."

This one does not say Fender, nor any other brand name that I can find.

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
Doesn't look like any pre-CBS strap I've seen.
+1. The pad on old Fender straps is curved out on one side and has the opposite inward curve on the other side. They're a bit more rounded on the ends too. Looks like a cool strap though.

DBBlues

Formerly fullertone
Gold Supporting Member
+1. The pad on old Fender straps is curved out on one side and has the opposite inward curve on the other side. They're a bit more rounded on the ends too. Looks like a cool strap though.
That makes sense. Quoting a bit more from the Vintage Fender Info site, here talking about the '54 Strat, "'Bobby Lee' style strap included with the guitar. The padded portion of the strap is rectangle. 1955 and later Strat straps have the padded portion banana-shaped. Pre-CBS black Strat straps do not have a "Fender" logo on the strap buckle."

Radspin

For what it's worth, the strap I got with my '69 Tele looked a little different than that one and had a buckle that said "Fender" on it.

Trending Topics