• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this a VOX AC30 CC playing ?

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
What makes you think it's an AC30 at all? Just the AC in the title? Why would that indicate the guitar amp used? It's a good sound but I don't know that it sounds like an AC30...

BTW - "Dark sounding" and "like a Vox" are not normally phrases we hear in the same sentence, hehe.

I agree that it doesn't sound very AC30-ish to me at all. For a Vox to get that compressed you'd hear their power tubes adding the characteristic Vox chime. To my ears, it's not there.

I'd guess a POD doing a Fender blackface, or a guitar plugged direct, overdriving a tube mic preamp/compressor or something along those lines.

vhollund

Hm maybe you're rigth , I just think it has some AC30ish to it
The new cc models voicing, but obviusly Im not at all sure about it

Its not harsh or compressed enought to be a Twin i think
Some fender amp , a bassman on steroids or something like that maybe

It doesnt sound like a pod to me , It does the mids too well and big

i think it's a patch from spectrasonics trilogy ROMpler.
basically, it's samples from a bass guitar played up high on the fretboard and processed. i use trilogy all the time, but usually restrict it to bass registers.
clever programming, no?

Trending Topics