Is this an octave down? (Gnarls Barkley tune)

thisday1

Really dig this video. At the end the camera zooms out and you can see the guitar player's pedals a bit. Looks like mostly boss stuff with maybe a TS9 in there. To me it sounds like an octave down with some overdrive, slapback delay and maybe a boss flanger over it.

wck

their abbey road performance is great man! i like what josh does in there..

to ans your qn, i think thisday1 is pretty much right.. the octave might be a pog or ps-3?? sounds like it has modulation like chorus or flange but im not sure

dsmc80

I don't hear an octave down...I here some sort of digital pitch shift with modulation. I didn't realize Josh Klingenhoffer was playing with them. Josh is really talented. I love his work on the solo Frusciante albums as well as there other collaborations.

He has used so much gear its hard to guess what it could be, but I think it could easily be approximated with an M9 using some modulation going into the Pitch Glide or something similar.

ABKB

I hear a whammy octave down warble in there. Maybe it's a fast vibe too, maybe it's just warbling. But should be pretty easy to cop one way or another.

Trending Topics