• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this cool or am I a fool?

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Just bought this and have a 2 day window to return if needed. It's a 60's custom shop relic with a Nocaster style neck, which is why I bought it. I love those chunky fat ass necks. Lightweight at 7.2 pounds (that's what the store said). Bigger neck radius and bigger frets, otherwise it's 60's spec. I just hope it sounds as good as it spec'd (it's due to arrive next Tues or Wed).

The question I have is the color. I do like something a little different, but what do you guys think of the Daphne Blue? I'm stru-g-g-ling (in my best drunk Joe Namath impression).

Here's the actual guitar:
http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderCustomShop_60_Stratocaster_Relic_NocasterNeck_MediumJumboFrets_DaphneBlue.html

Here's a better pic of one just like it:
http://www.themusiczoo.com/FenderCustomShop_59_Stratocaster_Relic_Limited_Pro_Junior_DaphneCZ503296.html

And BTW, the guys at Music Zoo are super cool.

Thanks!

-Rich

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Cool, hell yes! A fool? Well I don't know you well enough to say, but that's one awesome ride!
I've been drooling over that same group at MZ myself. I've also done a few deals with them and they're a solid bunch. Seems like an ideal build combination for a strat, and that color kills. Love it! How's it sound? AC

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
Daphne is my favorite, I was looking at that one because I like the larger neck, but alas, I believe I've found another EJ. So I'd say it's mucho cool.

JRenn

Silver Supporting Member
I love Daphne, especially with that mint pickguard! Looks great - let us know how she sounds!

lamenlovinit

I could never spend that much on a guitar, BUT if YOU can, I can't really think of one I would want more, and if the neck truly floats your reverb tank, you'll be happier than an off the shelf one would make you. Daphne and fiesta red are my favorites, but fiestas are everywhere, nice Daphnes are much fewer and farther between. I would personally get 2 AVRIs, then I could have a Daphne and a Fiesta Red!:AOK

serial

Was gonna say that it looked a little pricey, but is an absolute stunner-beautiful!

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
It is a bit pricey, but I didn't pay the price on the website, actually a lot less. Beleive me, I'm sh!tting bricks right now. I haven't received it yet so I hope its everything I want in a strat.

Plus, i feel good abou this one because I've done some house cleaning of some gear and actually didn't have to use any of my "real" money (aka family cash) just my gear $$$.

I think i can grow to like this color.

:angel

-Rich

Motorhed

Damn straight that color is great!!! I want something in that color someday, I think of it as the cousin color to one of my other favorites, seafoam/surf green.

pbradt

Not my cup (I'm a 'burst guy and 7.25/vintage frets guy) but ifn ya digs it, go for it.

Mudder

I think that guitar is awesome. I'm working on a deal to acquire my own custom shop strat. Where do you get the matching amp?

dave s

That's a winner! I think you'll really like the chunkier neck, larger frets and the 9.5 fretboard radius.

A half hour on the guitar should seal the deal for you.

Daphne Blue? SWEET!!!!

dave

Kappy

Cool as hell. I have pretty much the "Sonic Blue" version in layaway. Mine's the sonic blue painted over sunburst with relicing. The neck is a '57 soft v on the big side. I'd've probably gotten the one you got, but I've got 2 great RW board strats already (one of them, a Mel) is also Daphne Blue.

Good score, congrats!

Trending Topics