• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this Gibson's take on the PRS?

Sniper-V

Pretty cool looking.

Too bad I can't play SGs with the "neck-dipping-syndrome" on a strap.

Gotta a Mira Maple that I really like and to me its PRS's "SG".

ghoti

I love the way SG's play. The only thing that brings PRS to mind is the fancy wood/color. To me it just looks like a SG crossed with a LP.

(24 frets are OK...on a longer scale. If you have really skinny fingers your mileage may vary of course).

MartinC

Love the colour ... but I'd be flabbergasted to find that the tone and playability are the equal of the Mira.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
I would buy that, and I'm not a fan of SGs or PRS! I dig it.

How much?

GAD

XKnight

Thanks for the GAS. I wonder what a $4442 MSRP will translate into for street price. Either way I won't be buying a new one, but they sure do look nice.

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
that looks uncomfortably PRSy ... I'm sure that the guys at PRS got a giggle out of it, but overall really nice !

crosse79

I think it looks a bit wierd. The shape carve looks too thin and not well rounded. Guess it's because of the SG shape itself. Nice top - but just doesn't fit in.

bilbal

I really like that guitar a lot. That said, I am a huge fan of Gibson so I guess it's a biased opinion.

Tonemeister69

Pretty cool looking.

Too bad I can't play SGs with the "neck-dipping-syndrome" on a strap.

Gotta a Mira Maple that I really like and to me its PRS's "SG".
+1

My Mira isn't going anywhere. Its not the maple capped version, which, I think, brings it closer to an SG in tone.

Either way, great guitars!

PFCG

that is probably the first Gibson that isnt vintage that i would ever really want to try out.

Looks great, and i bet it sounds killer. I just wonder how it feels.

Simto

I don't like the finish, but the extra body contours are sick.. just like the Diablo.

jeffwith1f

The carved top like on the supremes and which seems to be redone here adds both thickness and heft to the SG body, which is interesting. It kind of feels a bit more Les Paul like. I'll bet we'll see street price around 3k.

Trending Topics