• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this impossible? Noiseless P90 that fits in humbucker route

eicca

Title says it all. I'd like to find a noise-cancelling P90 that maintains that P90 tone and fits in a humbucker route. I've read that the Fralin noiseless P90s are excellent but I don't think I'd be able to make it fit without some decent modding. Suggestions welcome :)

geodr

Fralin P92, though can be pretty clean sounding, but you can order overwound for more grindy sound

eicca

Looking at the Fralin P92s, it doesn't look like they come in humbucker size. Kent Armstrongs convertibles, maybe?

OR this gives me a great excuse to get another Agile AL-3000 with P90s in blue flame.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
The Fralin P92 is a hum bucker rout fitting pickup, no additional routing needed for installation - I put a set in my CS336 about three months ago now and couldn't be happier. Real nice P90 clean to grind from those pickups.

RayBarbeeMusic

Gold Supporting Member
I was very disappointed in the P92. To me it sounded like a low wind bucker a lot more than a P90. Kinman has a P90 bucker but I don't own one yet so can't give firsthand knowledge. His noiseless P90s are the only ones that sound like P90s though, so I'd guess it's pretty good.

polarbare21

I put a pair of Seymour Duncan Phat Cats in a PRS Santana (SE).
I took my time and really shielded the cavities well with aluminum tape, and made sure my grounds and solder connections were spot on.
This guitar is really quiet!
I've played it through both my Laneys, Marshall JCM 800, Mesa Express plus, Fender Twin Amp & Blues Deluxe.
I'm really please with the outcome. But I cant remember what I put in for caps, but that baby can growl!!

eicca

I'm gassing SO BAD right now! I want P90s, and I'm honestly debating just getting another Agile with P90s. That growl sounds fantastic. I think it would finish my Boston tone up real good; I've been looking for that growl element.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Of course it's possible, but there are very few who even make the regular sized P90s in a noiseless version.

I wonder what would happen if someone sent Lindy Fralin an email, asking if he's ever thought about making one...

Digidog

I'd go with DiMarzio's Bluesbuckers, if noise cancelling is paramount. In My Humble Opinion I think single coil pickups that are not hum cancelling sound better than those that are. Fralin's P90 in humbucker size sound great; I don't own them myself, but I've listened them out a lot. Lundgren's Revolver I do own, and I couldn't be more pleased with how they sound and perform. Other than that there are TV Jones pickups that have a lot of spank and P90-ish carachter - like the Filtertrons.

I don't know why people are so afraid of a little 60 cycle hum....

Adagietto

Silver Supporting Member
Of course it's possible, but there are very few who even make the regular sized P90s in a noiseless version.

I wonder what would happen if someone sent Lindy Fralin an email, asking if he's ever thought about making one...
Or one simply could look at the hum-canceling P-90s already on Lindy's website. For humbucker-sized noiseless P-90s, he has the P-92s.

Da Geezer

So are the Dimarzio Bluesbuckers supposed to sound like fat single coils/P90's?
I honestly don't know anything about them, but if that's what they sound like, I'll probably love them!

Trending Topics