Is this Les Paul Jr legit or am I getting scammed (CL content)

I’m set to meet the guy today but there are some red flags. The super low price as well as the fact that I can’t find any LP jr pics where the pickguard has two screws on the bottom. What do y’all think? Screamin’ deal, or scam? Thanks!

Why don't you see the guitar in person and see for yourself?
I plan to, and I'm sure the guitar is physically real. I just don't know what to look for as far as copies. The guy told me he would bring his Pignose amp for me to try it out at our meeting spot but I'm am just worried about it being a Chinese copy or something. The pickguard and position of the knobs has me skeptical, hoping to find some experts around here to help me out.

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
Did you ask about the screws? Is he actually claiming it's an "authentic Gibson" or what?

He won’t share photos of the headstock, said the ones I’m the ad were all he’s willing to share before meeting face to face

John Quinn

Won't share photos of the headstock? HUGE red flag. He either suspects it's a fake or knows it. If the headstock looked legit, there'd be a photo of it in the ad.

I agree. To the OP - proceed with extreme caution - and meet in a safe harbor location - Ask if your local Police Station has a safe harbor sales room - mine does. And I know any scammers will immediately refuse to meet in those kinds of locations.

Last edited:

blues

Silver Supporting Member
Don't bother it's not a Gibson. He won't show the headstock. First red flag

Pickguard shape looks to be wrong.

Crappy pics. Looks like a CL scam.

When you find out it's not a Gibson he will try to talk you into buying it.

I would not even waste my time talking/email with the seller.

66fuzz

Silver Supporting Member
I think that's an Epi! "Made by Chibson"... hence the price and the 2 screws. Might play good but probably need to upgrade a bunch of stuff first.

Edit: If it is a Gibby for real bring a black light and check for neck breaks lol. Killer deal if it's real and not Chibby tho'!

Last edited:

Trending Topics