Is this Les Paul Jr legit or am I getting scammed (CL content)

Turns out the Les Paul Junior is counterfeit. The advert is still up. I found it on Albuquerque's CL site using Google. I texted the guy and asked if he'd mind adding an image of the headstock to the listing given the prevalence of knockoff's. He got a bit defensive:

"It is unbranded and I am selling it as unbranded. Is that not clear?"

So no, it's not legit.
Nice find! Yeah it was back up yesterday and he must’ve taken it down again.

Nobody ever said it was a Gibson, at least not in any of the pictures IVE seen.The whole problem could have been solved by simply asking if it were a gibson or going to check it out.
I asked him if it was a Gibson via text, he told me it was. This is where the problem lies. I wouldn’t be upset at the ad alone, but the fact that I asked and he confirmed that it was a Gibson is where the problem lies.

JoeInOttawa

Didn't go through all five pages, but that looks like a poly finish -- and what's with the veneer layer on the back? There's a pretty obvious veneer line on the shot of the edge.

Fake, for sure.

ColdFrixion

Nice find! Yeah it was back up yesterday and he must’ve taken it down again.
It's still up on the site.

I asked him if it was a Gibson via text, he told me it was. This is where the problem lies. I wouldn’t be upset at the ad alone, but the fact that I asked and he confirmed that it was a Gibson is where the problem lies.
Now that he's admitted it's an unbranded Les Paul, he's committing a crime by selling it.

Last edited:

BraveHeart

I’m set to meet the guy today but there are some red flags. The super low price as well as the fact that I can’t find any LP jr pics where the pickguard has two screws on the bottom. What do y’all think? Screamin’ deal, or scam? Thanks!

Does he say it's a Gibson?

The pick up looks right for the non-correct reissues Gibson is still making, if he wont show the face of the headstock or where it's broke at the 1st fret.Dont even show up.

Arcadia

Silver Supporting Member
It makes me sad that Chinese factories can make fake guitars with Gibson (or any other brand) logo and headstock. Can't comprehend why the Chinese government allows this.

Trending Topics