Is this normal? Mark Knopfler tickets.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by SamBooka, Feb 3, 2015.

1. SamBooka

SamBooka Member

So a year ago I signed up to MKs website so I would know when he is coming to town. I have always missed him. Not this time. They announced the Tour and presales were 9am on Tues of last week. At 9am I was on the site... and tried.. and tried.. and tried.. for 15 minutes. But I did get through.

Funny thing. 180$ and you dont choose your seats. You buy your tickets and a week later they assign you seats.

I got second row (YAY) last seat on the end (BOOO).

This is the first time I have purchase seats for this venue from someone other than the venue itself. I had to do it through MarkKnopfler.com

Is normal? I would have prefered 10th row center to second row buttend.

2. valis_va

valis_va Silver Supporting Member

I think it can be for pre-sales. I ended up in the 8th for the DC show, the side of the middle group of seats. Can't wait.

3. greggorypeccary

greggorypeccary Member

When I saw the cheapest tickets here are $95 I reluctantly decided to pass. I haven't seen him since I saw Dire Straits in '92 and was excited to see him coming too. :(

4. zzzezums

zzzezums Silver Supporting Member

I just got tix for Albany in October. Expensive, but I'm psyched. Did not get them from his website, but the theater box office. Third row, left loge. Small 2800 seat old theater.

5. mannish

mannish Member

I saw him on the Sailing to Philadelphia tour, paid way too much - boring as hell. I'm a fan but he was boring as watching paint dry, zero presence, appeared to be going through the motions. Very disappointed. Obviously I am still a fan but would not go see him again.

6. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

He's been on my bucket list since I missed him in DC a few years ago. I got tickets for Red Rocks, but do not have the seat numbers or the download yet. Not a huge deal... but it did occur to me that someone has my money for about 9 months while I wait for the show.

7. fool

fool Uncouth Savage Gold Supporting Member

Saw him at Red Rocks a few years ago. Much cheaper then, but a fantastic show!

8. mediocreplayer

mediocreplayer Member

This is guaranteed to have the best sound quality of any show you have been to.

I have seen him twice. Like someone says, Mark the person is boring beyond comprehension, but the band is tight and the playing is amazing. There was a gap of 4 years or so between both shows, and everything was almost identical, which is a negative for me and probably why I will skip this time.

9. rspencer

rspencer Member

He's playing the Riverside in Milwaukee, and unless I could grab a front row or a box seat, it's a no-go for me. And those are the most expensive tix--saving for a trip cross-country back home, so no deal. The seats in the Riverside are horribly close together, no leg room whatsoever in most rows. Had to get up during a Neil Tyson lecture to walk the halls and then watch from the entrance due to the pain in my knees.

So I won't be seeing him this time. :(

10. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Just noticed that the upper end tickets in Chicago are $600+. For that $$, does Mark fly you back to England, cook you dinner and then set you up for the evening with a piece of @$$?

While I dig and admire Mark's playing, it isn't exactly a landmark gig like the Cream Reunion or Jimi coming back from the dead to play Fillmore East....

11. Falco

Falco Member

Saw Mark on a double bill with Eric Clapton in the 80's. I believe Buckwheat Zydeco opened. I was disappointed because they never shared the stage. I was a teenager and I was looking for the big "cutting heads" guitar-off. Never happened but a great show. I think the tickets were $25.

12. Jignant

Jignant Member

I was offered a ticket to the Pittsburgh show, not paying that price. Sorry.
    I'm already paying $100.00 for the Jeff Beck show coming up. At current ticket prices for most artists, I'd rather put that kind of coin into gear. :crazyguy

13. JohnK24

JohnK24 Supporting Member

You got that right ! I was tempted too - Heinz Hall baby, but I'm not spending that kind of cash for a show.

14. SamBooka

SamBooka Member

Ah.. Beck. Saw him in the same room I will be seeing MK. I didnt even have to rush to get tickets and got 5th row a little off center.. price? 78$
    EDIT: And that is probably one of the most enjoyable shows I have been to there (the close second being Bobby McFerrin who was just wow)