Is this octave-up delay / is this shimmer? (sample included)

Zillie

Hello,
please listen to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xcQUCksciw

there's a main riff played with (i think) delay and octave above beginning at 0.29 and then a few times again. Is this shimmer? And does delay with octave-up pitched repeats always mean shimmer? Because this doesn't sound as ambient as shimmer to me... My friend who owns tons of gear let me try some of his pedals yesterday a i tried to get this sound with Boss PS-3 (mode 7) and Strymon Timeline (Ice Delay mode) but both sounded too messy and shimmery for this to me. I didn't have a lot of time with them, though, but I thought it would be easier sound to get... What do you think is it? And do you think is it possible to get that sound with the pedals I tried (with more tweaking)?

todd richman

Shimmer is a majestic mix of reverse delays, reverb and upward pitch shifting-I have about a dozen shiummer presets in my Eventide Eclipse-it is the most gorgeous soundscape texturalizer I have ever used for atmospheric progressive rock. Check out an Eclipse and try a preset such as "Diamond Rain"-that is Shimmer.

it's not a pitched delay, it's just a pitch (pog, whammy) with delay after it. and there are two guitars, one with no effects.

fieldsroyal

I get a pretty nice shimmer out of my boss ps3 - mode 7 plus long repeats on a delay - add swells and it gets very ambient sounding

crxshdxmmy

I get a pretty nice shimmer out of my boss ps3 - mode 7 plus long repeats on a delay - add swells and it gets very ambient sounding
Another gem. Set for 1 octave up w/ decent repeats and a low mix; add long delay w/ volume knob swells. :aok

Trending Topics