• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this original Fender wiring?

zestystrat

Early-mid 70's vibrolux ('73 I think).

I was looking at the gut shots and in the second pic noticed a bundle of wire that looks like it maybe shouldn't be there.

It's right at the Treb knob on the normal side.

This wiring has me skeptical...owner says it's all factory wiring.

What do you guys think?

Silent Sound

Looks good to me. The purple wire wrapped around the bundle is just a shielding. It could have been installed at the factory if they were having issues with it when they tested it, or it could have been added in later. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Someone gone in and replaced a few of the electrolytic caps, so someone has been in there since the amp was made, and that's a good thing! There are some red caps in there that are probably replacements too.

In any case, it's a Silverface, so forget about originality and collectibility. It's not the right amp for that. Too many were made and still survive. It's value is as a tool and anything done to it to make it work better and sound better is a good thing! Judge it based on how it sounds.

zestystrat

Thx for the info.

I'm not worried about collectibility...more about someone molesting the amp to make it "better"

swiveltung

I've not seen that purple, but often see it in white. As mentioned just a noise reduction thang.

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
I can't help with the originality but my 68 Vibrolux is an awesome amp! I've been gigging mine for the last 10 years or so without any issues and it always sounds great.

tmac

Goldmember
Gold Supporting Member
From what i can see - Looks original 70's chassis except for bypass caps on preamp cathodes - a good maintenence idea. So looks like it's been serviced.

Trending Topics