Is this the proper hook up?

EParisien

Wanting to use the Zoom G5 only for effects in the loop and rely solely on my drives with the blues driver and power stack in front.

Thinking I would run it like this:
Guitar>TU3>Crybaby>Blues Driver>Powerstack>Amp Input

Zoom G5 L Output > Power Amp In

I have a Fender Deville Hot Rod 212. Do I have this hook up done correctly?
I am away from my gear for a few more days and this question is driving me nuts cause I can't just go and try it out : (

Thanks

EParisien

I would have one from G5 Output into the Poweramp In on the amp. The G5 doesn't have Send or Return on it. So I was thinking I would only require one cable (besides my power supply) hooked up to the G5.

This is the part I am not 100% sure on?

stinkfoot

You need to get the signal from the amp's preamp section into the G5 and then back again to the amp's power amp section. So run a cable from the "preamp out" jack to the input on the G5, and then another from the G5 output to the amp's "power amp in" jack (to return the signal to the amp).

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Does the the HRD has a TRS fx loop? (One Jack)

On a side note, you might get better performance from the wah if it is immediately after the guitar. The buffer in the tuner might not help it.

EParisien

Stink foot has the answer I believe. I was confused as the G5 doesn't label the unit with send and return.

TheoDog, no the hrd has 2 jacks for the loop. I'm also gonna give your idea a try. Switching the wah and the tuner. Thanks.

Trending Topics