• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is this what you professional mean about unprofessional bands?

Dave2512

So yeah apparently they were late definitely some professionalism lacking. But I'm not sure being timely would have helped them that was just bad period.

/13guitarman

Silver Supporting Member
I think you are forgiven when you play in church. i never heard anyone say f$$ck in church?
Wow you better be good or else. LOL

emdub123

Wow. They did suck, but man, that's harsh. Every new band's nightmare first gig. Not saying that was their first gig, I have no idea, I'm just saying that's what I imagine when I think of a first gig gone horribly wrong.

Dave2512

I listened to more of the guy's stuff on YT and while not so pitchy that appears to be his style. Doesn't appear to be some amateur hack either one of the clips was him being interviewed by Jools Holland and he released stuff on Sony.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
That was terrible, but asking them to show up 6 hours early for a sound check is kind of wonky too.

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
Silver Supporting Member
That band was ****. Good for the guy who stepped in and put an end to it.

Dave2512

Looks like a weird place to take in music, lights up, lamps all over. It's like the coffee shop version of a steak and potato gig. They had to move the barista instead of the pool table to make room for the band.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. That was pretty horrible. Had I been there, I would have missed the interruption and speech because I would have already walked out.

That was terrible, but asking them to show up 6 hours early for a sound check is kind of wonky too.
Maybe, though we don't really know the circumstances. For example, that room may not have been available in the hours preceding the concert for some reason. When I booked gigs at a university, we would usually negotiate the time for soundcheck based on the band's schedule/preference and availability of the venue/room. Sometimes that was much earlier than the show because they preferred it that way for some reason. In any case, if we'd agreed to a soundcheck at a specific time, then they should have been there.

Peace,

monwobobbo

all i could think about as i watched was what i'd play over that riff. wasn't what the guitar player did though. i was at least waiting for some cliche soloing but i guess that was asking to much. rep dude needs to talk to whoever booked that band and thought it was a good idea.

Trending Topics