• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

is Upgrading my TC corona worth it ?

Mooncef

i'm pondering on getting either an analog man , or a walrus julia ! as they are the most praised in this forum to replace my corona , but sometimes i think , is it worth it ?
Basicaly althought i think corona is a good pedal , i feel it's just an emulation , never realy impressed me ! i want something analog that does only a few things but perfectly !
What do you think guys ?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I am at the same point with many of my pedals where I like them, but I don't think they are the end stop. When I have upgraded, it has been a good experience. So my vote is to go for it and dump the corona. But only you can decide if that last 20% is worth the price.

coltonius

Señor Member
Many of the Corona TonePrints are fashioned after a certain vintage-style chorus. Find out which "emulation" you like best, what style chorus it's going after, then get the real deal. :aok

(I personally have no qualms with the Corona. I always thought of it as a great little Swiss Army knife.)

Rockerduck

The answer is no. You can listen to many chorus pedals in a blind test and few will notice differences. But live, I've played many and the Boss CH-1 does best in a band mix. Others are warmer sounding, more subtle sounding, but not that much difference.

Ugly Bunny

Maybe you just need a new Toneprint.

Have you tried the SCF Chorus? The Dimension M? Lots of good tones to be had. I don't think any Toneprint is gonna satisfy your GAS though - but honestly, that's probably all it is. If I were you, I'd likely get the next greatest pedal, but I'd keep the Corona. You never know.

I'm a little biased - I just got the Corona and I need to convince myself it was a worthwhile purchase :p

Mooncef

Maybe you just need a new Toneprint.

Have you tried the SCF Chorus? The Dimension M? Lots of good tones to be had. I don't think any Toneprint is gonna satisfy your GAS though - but honestly, that's probably all it is. If I were you, I'd likely get the next greatest pedal, but I'd keep the Corona. You never know.

I'm a little biased - I just got the Corona and I need to convince myself it was a worthwhile purchase :p
It is a realy good purchase man ! and i'll probably keep mine ! but i have a severe chorus GAS especialy when i read all the praise about Analog man chorus mini in this forum !

Many of the Corona TonePrints are fashioned after a certain vintage-style chorus. Find out which "emulation" you like best, what style chorus it's going after, then get the real deal. :aok

(I personally have no qualms with the Corona. I always thought of it as a great little Swiss Army knife.)
That's a great Idea man ! what's your personal favorite ?

Black_Label

I had a Corona for a while and thought it was actually pretty decent for a cheap digital chorus. I tend to prefer analog chorus so I moved it on; the analog emulations just sounded like emulations to me and I wanted the real thing. Even among analog choruses, some are really much better sounding than others.

The good news is that there are some great analog chorus pedals that can be had cheap. The little Ibanez mini chorus can be found under $99 and it's really pretty solid. I love the old 18v Ibanez CS-505; high headroom and that MN-series chip grit. The new Boss Waza CE-2w is pretty awesome and not too expensive either. I consider all of those an upgrade to the Corona.

Mooncef

I had a Corona for a while and thought it was actually pretty decent for a cheap digital chorus. I tend to prefer analog chorus so I moved it on; the analog emulations just sounded like emulations to me and I wanted the real thing. Even among analog choruses, some are really much better sounding than others.

The good news is that there are some great analog chorus pedals that can be had cheap. The little Ibanez mini chorus can be found under $99 and it's really pretty solid. I love the old 18v Ibanez CS-505; high headroom and that MN-series chip grit. The new Boss Waza CE-2w is pretty awesome and not too expensive either. I consider all of those an upgrade to the Corona.
Thanks ! tbh i'm in the ballpark of julia , cosmichorus , analogman mini chorus ! but not sure ! there's seems to be a lot of praise for the AM !

Trending Topics

Top Bottom