Is You Dirty Rat still US made?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by woland, Dec 20, 2009.

1. woland

woland Member

I know RAT2 is made in China now but I cannot find any info about YDR.

2. Philly Fuzz

Philly Fuzz Member

Yes, it is made in USA. An employee from Proco posts here sometimes and actually discussed the YDR in a Rat thread mentioning this (plus, I had one and it does come with "Made in USA" on it).

It's a good Rat sounding pedal, but I think I like the older Rats better (didn't do a head to head though).

3. woland

woland Member

Thanks - I am asking because I would like to install Allums mod in in it and Monte says on his website that Chinese RATs do not take mods well.

4. Philly Fuzz

Philly Fuzz Member

Cool! I would double check with Monte Allums about the YDR -- I think it is a slightly different circuit than the regular Rat. Probably won't make a difference, but I don't know for sure. With the exception of changing the battery, once inside the guts of the box, I'm lost! :rotflmao

5. woland

woland Member

OK - I think I found the answer:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=7252767

6. dalandan

dalandan Member

he also says on his web site that he does mods on the you dirty rat specifically. and indicates that the YDR is still US made.

7. woland

woland Member

Well I was not sure how old the website comment was but that thread I quoted above is only two weeks old so chances are YDR is still made in good ole US of A.