• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is you POG really noisy?

Galapogos17

Platinum Supporting Member
Mine is pretty noisy, but when using it with an envelop filter (emma discumbobulator) it takes the noise away. I run mine set up to sound like an organ and don't have any dry guitar tone coming through.

I have tried this pedal in a few different settings in a band situation and the good news is in a band situation you will not notice the white noise this pedal gives off.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
I've 2 different ones and they were both noisey. The HOG and the mini POG are not...but having had all 3, the POG is my favorite.

LowWatt

I've got a regular POG and it's not noisy in the slightest - live or at home. I mainly use a jazzmaster. If something is going to accentuate noise, that's usually the guitar for it.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a regular POG and it's not noisy in the slightest - live or at home. I mainly use a jazzmaster. If something is going to accentuate noise, that's usually the guitar for it.
Really?!!?

I've never heard a quiet one. It's like a white noise ...shhhhh... kind of thing. I never notice live, but sitting at home or in a quiet room I notice it like crazy. again...you can't really here it if you are playing, and I haven't noticed any guitar making it better or worse, it just does on it's own.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
I like the pedal, but I didn't pay to have a BPSSC installed on my Strat just to have the white noise of the POG bug the s**t out of me.

LowWatt

Really?!!?

I've never heard a quiet one. It's like a white noise ...shhhhh... kind of thing. I never notice live, but sitting at home or in a quiet room I notice it like crazy. again...you can't really here it if you are playing, and I haven't noticed any guitar making it better or worse, it just does on it's own.
Maybe I just don't notice. I've got band practice tonight, I'll listen for it and report back.

Ahh. That must be the difference. I use the second setting and keep the filter down to about halfway for the sounds I need.
Yes, halfway is the correct answer. Too high and it gets too piercing and brings the noise, but too low and it is very muddy. I can't remember where I have the switch set.

steelyfan

No, it can have some hiss to it, but tweaking and finding the right spot is the secret( which i don't know).
In a mix, the hiss is sorta nice and hidden, practicing alone it can make my
nerves tingle though.
Last nite i got it quiet, don't know what i did, probablly turned the filter down.

Thelastninja

I thought all EH-pedals were noisy! :D
They are, but in a good way. In order to preserve a good guitarsound noise often comes with it.

BattleAngel

I tour with a POG and our other guitar player has a HOG... the POG definitely has the white noise thing as described, but is just so damn good at what it does that I still abuse it all the time. My ideal guitar effect - literally, I could probably make do with just this & a tuner- would be a mini-POG that had the hold effect from the HOG.

Trending Topics