Is you POG really noisy?

Galapogos17

Platinum Supporting Member
Mine is pretty noisy, but when using it with an envelop filter (emma discumbobulator) it takes the noise away. I run mine set up to sound like an organ and don't have any dry guitar tone coming through.

I have tried this pedal in a few different settings in a band situation and the good news is in a band situation you will not notice the white noise this pedal gives off.

puddinstone

I've 2 different ones and they were both noisey. The HOG and the mini POG are not...but having had all 3, the POG is my favorite.

LowWatt

I've got a regular POG and it's not noisy in the slightest - live or at home. I mainly use a jazzmaster. If something is going to accentuate noise, that's usually the guitar for it.

puddinstone

I've got a regular POG and it's not noisy in the slightest - live or at home. I mainly use a jazzmaster. If something is going to accentuate noise, that's usually the guitar for it.

Really?!!?

I've never heard a quiet one. It's like a white noise ...shhhhh... kind of thing. I never notice live, but sitting at home or in a quiet room I notice it like crazy. again...you can't really here it if you are playing, and I haven't noticed any guitar making it better or worse, it just does on it's own.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
I like the pedal, but I didn't pay to have a BPSSC installed on my Strat just to have the white noise of the POG bug the s**t out of me.

LowWatt

Really?!!?

I've never heard a quiet one. It's like a white noise ...shhhhh... kind of thing. I never notice live, but sitting at home or in a quiet room I notice it like crazy. again...you can't really here it if you are playing, and I haven't noticed any guitar making it better or worse, it just does on it's own.

Maybe I just don't notice. I've got band practice tonight, I'll listen for it and report back.

Ahh. That must be the difference. I use the second setting and keep the filter down to about halfway for the sounds I need.

Yes, halfway is the correct answer. Too high and it gets too piercing and brings the noise, but too low and it is very muddy. I can't remember where I have the switch set.

steelyfan

No, it can have some hiss to it, but tweaking and finding the right spot is the secret( which i don't know).
In a mix, the hiss is sorta nice and hidden, practicing alone it can make my
nerves tingle though.
Last nite i got it quiet, don't know what i did, probablly turned the filter down.

Thelastninja

I thought all EH-pedals were noisy! :D
They are, but in a good way. In order to preserve a good guitarsound noise often comes with it.

BattleAngel

I tour with a POG and our other guitar player has a HOG... the POG definitely has the white noise thing as described, but is just so damn good at what it does that I still abuse it all the time. My ideal guitar effect - literally, I could probably make do with just this & a tuner- would be a mini-POG that had the hold effect from the HOG.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom