Is your singer a douchebag too?

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Learn to sing and you can become one, too--or is it a prerequisite?

gixxerrock

No, mine is great. She loves and appreciates the band for enabling her to live a dream. Four of us make a great team. I have worked with the other kind though...

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
I won't play with douchebags. The singers I play with are always very happy to have a good backing band and let everyone know.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
He was the impetus for the last two bass players and finally myself to quit the band.

Dark Helmet

yes.

no.

wait.

maybe.

you're not my drummer, are you?

I am the lead singer and I am an a-hole. I also suck at Guitar, but they have to live with me because we're family! :D

overunderdrive

I've dealt with plenty of those.

Thankfully, my current singer/writing partner is humble, super-talented and easy to work with.

not that it's an excuse, but for me to work with someone like that again, they'd have to be the best thing since sliced bread.

thing is, they never are. they're almost always expendable.

the fun part is the look on their face when it hits them that they ARE expendable...

clothwiring

Maybe before we dumped her and started playing jazz...

Had a funk band that was turning into a variety band and she'd suuuccckkkkk on anything she didn't want to sing (a la classic funk tunes - original intent of the band). Dumped her and just doing instrumental jazz now.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
No, but there's certainly a set of tendencies that can make them seem douchey even if they aren't.

macula56

Gold Supporting Member
the only ones that i have worked with that were douchebags also sang only. they didn't play an instrument. seems to make a difference. singing guitar gods, slightly less douchey.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Beware playing in a band with anyone who never brings any gear to rehearsal or gigs.

taez555

In order to be a frontman of a band you generally have to have a "type A" personality. Nothing wrong with that, that's what makes great frontmen GREAT. However.... douche-baggery is genearlly one of the many traits that goes along with it.

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
In order to be a frontman of a band you generally have to have a "type A" personality. Nothing wrong with that, that's what makes great frontmen GREAT. However.... douche-baggery is genearlly one of the many traits that goes along with it.
This type of personality disorder is what musicians commonly refer to as "having LSD" (Lead Singer Disease)

Trending Topics