Is your singer a douchebag too?

Burst59

Mine is a douche bag. Comes to gigs unprepared, is to lazy to write out a set-list and wont let anyone else pick out the songs. He's tottaly scatterd onstage sometimes taking up to 3 minutes to decide on a song. I could go on. We are giving him the boot.

Rockledge

Mine is a douche bag. Comes to gigs unprepared, is to lazy to write out a set-list and wont let anyone else pick out the songs. He's tottaly scatterd onstage sometimes taking up to 3 minutes to decide on a song. I could go on. We are giving him the boot.
This doesn't happen with me.
I don't do dead air on stage. If whoever is fronting bs's around too much on stage, I start the songs. I choose the song and start it and the band follows and the singer either catches up quick or looks like a goober.
That fixes THAT problem toot sweet.

pbmw

^^^
Truth
Our singer is great. We get on just fine.
We got this rule...
I don't go near the mic and they don't yell at me.
Been that way for years.

partsocaster

I can be high maintenance as I require tea served at 15 minute intervals, insist that brown M&Ms be thrown out, blame everyone else for when I go sharp or flat and never forget lyrics. Other than that, I am pretty easy to work with.

Burst59

This doesn't happen with me.
I don't do dead air on stage. If whoever is fronting bs's around too much on stage, I start the songs. I choose the song and start it and the band follows and the singer either catches up quick or looks like a goober.
That fixes THAT problem toot sweet.

I really like that idea

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
Our singer just quit today. I could go on but I won't. Lets just say he didn't believe his job was to "entertain," but rather just to be a good musician, and that was all a frontman needed to be.

I brought up the topic of "entertaining" as a band project, just to "brand" the band name and create something memorable about seeing us play, as a band. Simple ideas to tell us apart from other bands - wearing similar shirts, a few things to say to the audience about our band name. He quit because he thought the ideas sounded "corny and sad" for a serious classic rock band. "Talent is enough" were his parting words. Oh, but he did also comment that the rest of us didn't move around enough on stage.

NashSG

I'm sure the other guys in the band would say I'm way more witchy as the recording and sound engineer than as the singer. Maybe it is because I'm also the bassist that it balences out.

Trending Topics