• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

ISO cab. How would you do it?

shocki

I am planing on building an ISO cab for my recordings. I will be using a small 1x12 for that.

The ISO cab will be placed an another room. I am not sure how to wire this up. If the amps stays in my main room there has to be a speaker cable going from the amp to cab with about 5m length which I think could be way to long. If I place amp and cab in the other room there has to be a guitar cable with has to be quite long which is not perfect as well.

How would you do this?

jdps150

long speaker cable & Mic cable.
You'll want the amp where you can make adjustments while listening to the monitors

I just ordered a 50` mic & speaker cable, to put the cab upstairs & track while downstairs.

gtrnstuff

Used long speakers cables for years, no problem. Commercial studios and at home.
Try to get 14 or 12 gauge wire.

Ephi82

Are you building an ISO cab with a 1X 12" speaker within?

First is to make sure you match impedance with your amp.

next make sure the speaker you choose is voiced for what you want in tone.

franksguitar

Another trick is to put the amp inside a much larger road case (i.e. put a 1-12 speaker cab amp inside a padded 4-12 roadcase, and mike it with an 5m57, keep the amp or amp head outside so you can tweak it.. It works like an isolation booth.

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
If you are thinking iso-cabinet, one thing I recommend is air-relief as in the Rivera model.

Another thing is to make sure you have a way to mount mics securely inside so they don't move. Goose-necks tends to droop down, for example.

Really, the BEST answer is what's been said, a long mic and speaker cable and put the cabinet in another room where you can really crank and get a close mic and a distant mic.

Trending Topics