Iso cab question ...

Dale

I have been looking at an iso cab for guitar. But, honestly I do not have the space for one that is as big as I would like it to be. I need compact. But, if it does not sound reasonably good I will not find it useful either. The clips seems nice with the new version of Axetrack (http://www.jlhproducts.com/axetrak/).

What are current experiences with this unit, especially since upgrade (it has been a while ago now)?

TIA
Dale

Dale

The Grendel appears much larger, with a much longer wait time as well. Would the size difference make a difference here for people who have tried each?

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Haven't tried the Grendel but own the Axetrak after hearing it demoed at NAMM a few years back. For me, the Axetrak works as advertised. Its 75W power handling might be an issue for some but if you have an amp that needs to be turned up that much you probably have an attenuator to use with it. :)

I don't know the Grendel, but have and love the AxeTrak. Makes recording a cranked amp a breeze. A little dull compared to a big ol' cab loaded with Blues, but better than good enough.

Dale

Thanks!

I am assuming that you feel it would beat the tones of a DI box, and/or unit like the PODxt?

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I am assuming that you feel it would beat the tones of a DI box, and/or unit like the PODxt?
I prefer it to my HK Red Box (which still has its place). If I'm doing something quick and dirty or if my POD has some feature I need that isn't in my analog rig, I'll use the POD and be quite happy with the results but when my analog setup stops being #1 I'll probably sell it off and go all digital.

Trending Topics