1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Iso pump problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by slowth, May 23, 2011.

1. slowth

slowth Member

I bought an isopump to supply the DLS on my board with 18V to try to get the fatness and headroom.

I tried it with my pedalboard with the rest of my gear in a godlyke daisychain. However there was a huge amount of hiss coming from my church sound system. I couldn't diagnose the problem till I got home and realized that it was the iso pump. The hiss level dropped when i bumped it down to 12V, and when i totally removed the iso pump from the daisy chain, there was lil-no noise.

Then I tried isolating just the pedal and the isopump removing all the other pedals and it was silent.. so it's not an issue with the iso pump but the way it interacts with the rest of the daisy chain.

Do you have any advice how I might try troubleshoot the problem?

thanks guys.. =) much appreciated!

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Charge pump circuits sometimes cause interaction issues with other pedals, when fed from a daisy chain. Running it from its own power source should cure the problem (although you could just get an 18vDC adapter instead, I know...).

3. slowth

slowth Member

mmm so that makes it 3 power supplies for 6 pedals hahahaha man... more complicated than i thought!

4. slowth

slowth Member

well Godlyke replied and said that the iso pump is an isolated output.. not oscillating kind... mmm