Issues with Musictoyz.com - delayed shipment and communication

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jm9239, May 28, 2015.

1. jm9239

jm9239 Member

Is anyone else experiencing delays with shipments and/or poor communication from musictoyz.com?

On 5/19 I ordered a rather expensive pedal from them.

On 5/20 the order was processed and I received a shipping notification with tracking information.

It is now 5/28 and the USPS Priority Mail tracking isn't showing any progress. It still shows shipper info received. I checked with my local post office and they aren't seeing any progress and haven't received it for delivery yet.

I have reached out to musictoyz.com via multiple emails and phone calls trying to understand the situation. However, no communication has been returned, either by email or returning my calls.

This isn't meant to bash them per say. It is just about sharing my experience and trying to understand what's going on so I can get the pedal I paid for in a reasonable amount of time. I don't want to cancel the order and/or dispute the charge if I can help it. However I do want to at least know what's going on. If there is a good explanation such as vacation or illness (hopefully not) I will totally understand and edit this thread. Though something like a vacation should be communicated prominently to set expectations.

What say you? Any thoughts on this or recent experiences with musictoyz.com?

2. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member

These issues with them seem to be perpetual. Don't know how they stay in business.

3. triviani

triviani Supporting Member

Just a search on this forum will bring a bunch of similar experiences with them.

If you used Paypal I'd open a dispute, right now. Don't waste time writting them because they are not going to answer, or even worst, they'll lie and say the pedal was sent.

And no, they didn't send the pedal. Most probably they don't even have it in stock.

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Search the forum? What's that?

5. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

I ordered one pedal from them recently and had no problem. An anecdote to be sure, but this my experience.

6. MrFuzzTone

MrFuzzTone Supporting Member

They are odd at times. I have had similar experience with long delays. Eventually got replies and got issues resolved. Some purchases were fast, others not.

7. jdnorlando

jdnorlando Member

Purchased a ktr from them recently and received it within a week of purchase

8. DrakeSequation

DrakeSequation Member

Just shipped a pedal back to them yesterday. It showed up WITHOUT jacks/washers on input and output. I asked them to contact the manufacturer and have them send replacements directly or send a replacement pedal. They said they would ship one out. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!

This was through eBay, so I sent follow up messages. NONE were replied to. I then asked eBay to step in. MusicToyz had 48 hours to reply. They never did. So, eBay covers my return shipping (in other words, MusicToyz knew this and was intentionally unresponsive at least in part so they could get out of paying return shipping on a defective product). Horrible 'company'.

In a pathetic footnote, the pedal maker was no better. The pedal was a JangleBox JB Nano. When I called and asked about them sending replacement nuts/washers (since MT was ignoring me) the owner said, "Oh yah, we shipped an ENTIRE RUN of the JB Nanos without jacks and washers." So they are letting retailers sell a product they know is defective/missing parts and putting fixing the problem off on the customer. Can you believe it?

9. Blue-moon

Blue-moon Supporting Member

I will never buy from them. Long story on a new amp that was a floor model. Total wreck. Didn't work and it looked like it had been to hell and back. Pain in the ass to get my money back. They for sure knew it didn't work.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  10. Teleman76

Teleman76 Supporting Member

Between Appalachian - Smoky - Blue Ridge Mountains
    I don't either. With so many better options out there I know how they do either. New customers I guess.

11. DecoWaves

DecoWaves Member

This doesn't speak to your question specifically (I have had no dealings with the company in question.) That said, as someone else shared and speaking in general terms, there are plenty of professional music dealers available on the net. I have most often run across the more "shady" or less-than-reputable dealers/shops when I am trying to find the super sweet deal and I usually just go back to those I trust as it's not worth the discount. When something is too good to be true ...

For future reference, check out this thread I started to help people with recommendations: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...with-services-products.1479001/#post-20015655

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  12. The_Whale

The_Whale Member

The only reason I've ever heard of Musictoyz.com is from these sorts of threads I've seen over the past 10 years or so.

another favorite: "UPS destroyed my amp!"

13. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

I don't bash people, companies, but I've had one experience with slow shipping from musictoyz. With all the choice of retailers out there, I've never even been on their website since.

14. 8len8

8len8 Member

Just search the forum and you'll see plenty of complaints about them.

They outright took money from me, never shipped the product, and then never replied to my calls or emails. Got my money back via PayPal.

MusicToys are theives.

15. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Has anyone had a positive experience with Musictoyz?

16. jm9239

jm9239 Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I have had a couple of positive experiences with musictoyz in the past, though their shipping speed and communication has never been as good as someone like Humbucker. I would have ordered from a different store but musictoyz happened to have what I needed in stock when many other places didn't.

Anyways, I finally managed to get ahold of Teddy on his cell phone. It was a bit hard to hear him, but it sounded like he was out of town, was going to look into this for me and call me back in the morning. We will see what happens.

17. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

What amp? Was probably used in their rehearsal studio for a long time. I probably used it.

18. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member

The consistent problem with them for years is they show stuff as being in stock when it really isn't. Good luck to you.

19. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I had an issue with musictoyz the first time I ordered from them. There are enough good stores out there that I just don't use musictoyz at all.

20. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I think they were the only company getting Cornish pedals for a while, I almost ordered my SS3 from them but then they ran out. So I ended up ordering direct from Peter, guess I dodged a bullett.