Istomp users might be interested in xstomp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tmidiman, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

2. Cruciform

Cruciform Member

Android version coming soon. k.

3. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

4. NewDr.P

NewDr.P Member

I didn't see a price- anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

Looks cool, like everyone else curious on the price....

6. thing2n8

thing2n8 Member

Why do they stress how thin it is? I understand the desire for smaller "micro" pedals so that we can squeeze more onto a board, but has anyone really been clamoring for pedals that are shorter? Seems to me the only advantage would be lower weight but it doesn't look like a huge pedal to begin with.

gibs5000 and shack like this.
  7. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I want demos!!!

8. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

I'm interested if everything is unlocked from the get go. I won't support a micro transaction based pedal though.

9. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

Does anyone else have an issue with it being just 1 model at a time? That's why I never got behind the iStomp and instead went with MS-100BTs (3 of them in fact). Would you want to buy 6 of these for a full chain, or 1 100BT? Confused.

:dunno

LordByron and Swmorgan77 like this.
  10. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

11. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Yea I didn't get behind istomp till they closed it out for $50. :banana

Reading their release seems would be cool if it can actually do preamp modeling authentically, dynamics and all, say a fender silverface deluxe. If you could have all say of tech21 character pedals at your beckoning. Even cooler if could give those knobs and actually throw a reverb on there as one of the other knobs. But I think I'm dreaming that it might do multiprocessor type things. But hey if it can emulate a octave fuzz why couldn't it do a fender 5e3 tone stack with reverb. We'll see, and it is firmware upgradable. Be interesting to see its effects library when it comes online.

Sure is cool looking though will give them that, beats istomp on looks 10/1. That's pure Cylon looking tech there.

12. Matt Gnarly

Matt Gnarly Member

If the sound quality is good and the price is right then I certainly don't mind. I see it more as an H9 alternative (stiff competition, mind you) rather than a multi-effects unit.

13. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

I went to the Hotone site to see if they listed the available stomps for he Xstomp. They hadn't, but they had a little 5 watt amp which sounds like the AC30.

[​IMG]

For less than $90 with shipping, it looks cute enough to have with a cab in the corner of the living room next to the couch, instead of in the music room.

Thanks for starting the topic, allowing me to stumble across this....

LordByron likes this.
  14. meofcourse

meofcourse Member

I picked up an iStomp for £35 this week as gear4music have about 60 of them still in stock. I bought it on a punt but I was pretty impressed with it. So I bought 3 more. The size and versatility is very good. Hopefully with the xstomp being bluetooth and not relying on custom leads it'll have a longer shelf life.

FYI I've run the iStomp from both an iPhone 4 and also an iPhone5 with an adapter without any issues. All the effects bar the Adrian Belew one are free so that's an option of about 50 pedals. Might still be useful for someone who wants to turn an overdrive pedal into a delay at a jam!

15. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

Hotone's said that the 300 models are included in the purchase price that is expected to be around 120 - 150 £ (about $200). Shooting for a summer release date.

16. meofcourse

meofcourse Member

How does this compare with the zoom pedals? One of the criticisms of the iStomp is that you have no idea what's loaded or what controls do what. The xtomp seems to make the same mistake whereas the zoom (which is about £90) doesn't. No idea if the zoom's are in the running but they seem a more intuitive fit????

Build quality of the hotone looks good though. Nice industrial design

17. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

18. Swmorgan77

Swmorgan77 Member

Yes. Something like the ZOOM MS-50G / 100BT is way more useful because You can create a patch that includes several effects and a gate, and even switch between 2 or 3 settings (or many more, but that's what I've found practical for live use).

shack likes this.
  19. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

When is this happening?? Tone Report keeps teasing it, but there's still no more info than the original NAMM blurb.. :mad:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  20. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

tone report, lol. i could see them having a cover story, 'top 13 pedals you read about 1.5 yrs ago on tgp and havent been released that you need to buy today'.

coltonius likes this.