1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

"It could change your life." Eternity reviewed in Guitar Buyer!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by utterhack, Jun 26, 2006.

1. utterhack

utterhack Member

Issue 58, June 2006. They like it, they like it a lot.

Nice reminder why GB is one of the few pubs I still enjoy.

2. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

They also reviewed the Zendrive in that issue. I think they liked it even more, and the GB mags colleagues have apparently all ordered one!

DD

3. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

good for you Sean,Its about time.

4. utterhack

utterhack Member

You sure it's the same issue? This is the one with the blue Duesenberg on the cover...

5. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

Positive! Rob Sandall reviewed my original Zendrive and promised me a couple of issue 58 mags (June '06), one for me and one for Alf. I have seen the review (it got a very rare 5 gold pick award) but I have not actually got the mag yet, so i do not know what else is in it.

It also says on the front cover "Hermida Audio" reviewed.

Cheers,

DD

6. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

Glad I am in line already,,, Let the flood gate pour

7. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Why the hijack? :confused:

Kudos to Sean/Lovepedal (haven't seen the mag).

8. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Agreed! I ordered mine last week & can't wait to try it out with my rig.

9. mild

mild Member

Kudos to both of you! Eternity's and Zendrives are awesome, I'm jumping on both lists once my Matchless is paid up. ;)

On a related note... DD, how did you come up with the name Zendrive? I know its probably completely unrelated, but I owned small, unguided "Tamiya" cars back in my youth.

As it is now, so it was then: The words "zendrive" would produce wistful smiles, and many "I wish I had one"'s... they were one of the best motors to have for the cars, at the time. :) (They were pretty darn sweet... they went quicker than I could run, could scare domestic animals, and showed a liking to drain pipes, gutters, and any wide open space)

Aaah, little cars... how I miss you so...

10. utterhack

utterhack Member

Curiouser and curiouser. Nothing on my front cover, nor on the little picture of the front cover on the masthead.

In any case, both great pedals and great builders. Drinks all around, but a special shout-out to Sean this round:

"I can honestly say that this pedal is producing some of the best sounds I've ever heard from an OD pedal... If great tone is you passion, then you owe it to yourself to hunt one of these down and give it a blast. It could change your life."

11. the_pedal_nazi

the_pedal_nazi Member

Congrats to my boyee Magicboy for getting the major props on the "E" he deserves :dude

Wished I was as good as Sean... Oh well, I guess it's back to sniffing "nitrate" for me! LOL...

I'll holla atacha...

12. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

I did not! The wonderful pedal was crteated by Alfonso Hermida of Hermida Audio no least.

On another note, sorry guys, I did not intend to seemly hijack the thread with Zendrive content. It just so happens that the UK's Guitar Buyer mag (issue 58 June 2006) has a great review of the Zendrive too!

From what utterhack has written, I am wondering if perhaps there may be 2 Guitar Buyer mags, coinciding with issue 58 in June 2006 (is there a USA version?). Perhaps parallel universes have crossed the guitar mag with the same name, issue number and date has totally different content?!!?:confused:

Anyway, I too like the enternity (some great clips out there).

All the best,

DD

13. K-man

K-man Member

I put my Zendrive up on eBay because (to my ears anyway) the Eternity could do everything the Zen could and then some.

Kudos Sean.

14. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

:crazy I thought I was going crazy with this issue 58 enigma. I owe you all an apology. A friend of mine has pointed out to me that the Zendrive is in July '06 (issue 59), so a big sorry, especially to utterhack, for the incorrect reference.

I checked an email i got from the mag reviewer and he did tell me it was issue 58 (infact that issue is actually dated June 2005 on the cover!!!!). Anyway both pedals got a great review in their respective issues, and rightly so. If any of you guys haven't seen the "Guitar Buyer" mag before, check it out as it is a cool mag.

Enjoy your E's

DD

15. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Fastastic pedal...lotta love here for the lil' china cot too :)