• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

It happened... time to leave TGP?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I paid off my gear debt / secret credit card in full (using gig money from my secret gig checking account). None of which are really secret anymore lol... but I must say it is liberating. I honestly can't think of a piece of gear that I want to buy (or sell). Is this the state of gear Nirvana that all TGP'ers strive to hit (or avoid LOL?)
That coupled with spending ~48 hours sticking up for EVH on the TGP, maybe it's time to ride off into the sunset for realz... again :)
I'm also gigging far more than I ever expected so it's possible I've outgrown TGP o_O

Kitten Cannon

It still comes and goes, I think. You're never really done.

I don't buy or sell nearly as much as I used to, but every so often, like a bolt of lightning I'll see a picture of something pop up here (or on facebook or something like that) or some company I like will release a new product (ahem, Strymon) and suddenly I'm pulling out the debit card.

For a while I found that the more I was playing gigs, the less I lusted after gear. I think this mostly holds... I recently moved and had to get an entire spare bedroom in the house to devote to all the gear and I still can't fit it all in there, so even though I'm slowly ramping up in the new town, fewer gigs has not meant going back into acquisition mode. Thankfully.

All the same, congrats on paying it all off. I know that part always feels good. Of course, once you get used to seeing the balance on the card for long enough, seeing goose eggs just makes you start thinking "I have $x to spend!"

Wagster

Silver Supporting Member
How many times are you threatening to leave TGP? I thought you were done with guitar to pursue a keyboard career :D

Last edited:

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
You can still discuss using gear to its potential, music, playing technique, and all sorts of other things.

I haven't bought any gear in awhile, and it's always been paid off, but I still enjoy discussing how gear works, how it can be used, improved, maintained, and enjoyed!

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
How many times are you threatening to leave TGP? I thought you were done with guitar to pursue a keyboard career :D
Didn't work out... Apparently I'm in too high demand as a guitar player ;)
I also decided to fire the keyboard player I hired (for one gig) and I'm going to program that **** and pocket his cut...
Need to supplement my IT day job making $2500/week and while saving lives. Still haven't got that intro to Rock n Roll down yet though...

DiPa

Constant GAS
I think about getting out, but Man, the gear info and GAS and all the other news is so coool, I cant quit yet.
Maybe in a year or two, but difficult to predict.
Instead of quitting, need to balance the time though, can't always be here on TGP- playing guitar, rehearsing and other projects have to be high on the list, and TGP time needs to be at a smaller scale.
I know I have been spending too much time here, but am working at balancing this... LOL

Wagster

Silver Supporting Member
I also decided to fire the keyboard player I hired (for one gig) and I'm going to program that **** and pocket his cut...
Need to supplement my IT day job making $2500/week and while saving lives. Still haven't got that intro to Rock n Roll down yet though...
You should be able to buy players with that salary. I'm sure they will kiss your ass for the right price ;)

Last edited:

DiPa

Constant GAS
Very Interesting indeed! LOL

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
You should be able to buy players with that salary. I'm sure they will kiss your ass for the right price ;)
Why so serious? If you've hung around in these parts for a while you'll recognize the nod to TGP threads past... or not.

Trending Topics