It never ends... another bar manager story

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
So I got another one for you...

Show up to our weekly acoustic duo gig tonight... there's another guy already setup and ready to go. The manager pulls us aside and says "oh, this guy does the last wednesday of every month... the owner didn't tell you that? "

Well...

A. We booked the "weekly" gig through the owner.

B. We've been doing this gig for a few months now... with the exception of one week, where the owner had what she called a "leftover booking from months ago."

C. There are signs all over the bar with our name on it... saying every Wednesday.

I admit... every week I usually send the owner a text on Monday just to make sure nothing has changed... this was the first week I forgot to do it.

On the other hand... she never called us.

I can't get too mad over this one... because honestly I could use the night off and the bar is just a couple blocks from my apartment. But I will never understand how the people who run these places can screw up such simple stuff...

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
So I got another one for you...

S
I admit... every week I usually send the owner a text on Monday just to make sure nothing has changed... this was the first week I forgot to do it.

On the other hand... she never called us.

But I will never understand how the people who run these places can screw up such simple stuff...
Bear in mind that Murphy's Law is the prevailing force in the universe.:thud

dantedayjob

I don't know, I would have been pretty pissed. They have printed info saying you are "every Wednesday", I think I would have to say something to the owner.

Trending Topics