It seemsthat most of the people here are Fender and Gibson hags,

XKnight

I haven't noticed that, especially not in the Small Company Luthier section. I've learned a lot about many brands that I never heard of before coming to TGP. The only downside is it has cost me thousands of dollars acquiring some of those other brands, but I'm still happy.

David Collins

Stick around, and listen a little more quietly for a while before tossing comments like that out. You have to admit, calling a bunch of people in a forum you just joined a bunch of "Fender and Gibson hags", followed by slapping of the forehead comes across an awful lot like an insult and bait for a fight.

Maybe you haven't seen a lot of other guitars talked about in the few weeks you've been here, but they are around. I would guess if you figure the percentage of the total guitar market that Gibson and Fender fill, and compared it to the percentage of Gibsons and Fenders in this forum, you would find ownership of other makes (especially small custom builders) well above average here.

Just stick around and get to know folks here before making assumptions.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Do mean "in the style of"... or actual Fender and Gibson?
I mean, I'm a Tele and Strat guy; are you looking for something more exotic... oh yeah, I do Reverend too
:dude
Kind of a stupid post... I'm out
:jo

Dave

Most of the threads are about fat necked Teles and Les Pauls if you haven't noticed.:AOK
Use the search function. Try Suhr, Tyler, Grosh, D'Pergo, Koll, Chapin, Lentz, Baker, Anderson, Briggs, Rice, G&L, Huber, Gustavsson, Soloway, Vinetto, McInturff, Ruokangus...just to name a few. :rolleyes:

XKnight

Most of the threads are about fat necked Teles and Les Pauls if you haven't noticed.:AOK

I just took a quick look at the thread titles on the first page and here are just a few other brands that are named along with Gibson and Fender.

-Gigliotti
-Edwards
-Murphy
-Stevenson
-Charvel
-Gretch
-McNaught
-Melancon

How do you explain that phenomenon?

Number8

Sadly, it's not the most ridiculous comment he's made since joining. Maybe he's just another in a looong line who just wants to "shake things up" rather than contribute.
ROCK ON IBANEZ!!!

There, happy??......

Hahahahaha! Shake things up? From what?

Dave

In all fairness, there probably are more threads about Gibson and Fender than any other brand, but that's only because they are very popular and make up a large percentage of the guitars sold worldwide. But to say "most of the people here are Fender and Gibson hags" is simply wrong and somewhat inflammatory. Poor form man, not cool.

Lawn Jockey

Not so fast, grasshoppah!!

I subscribe to the "more is better" crowd.

Now, pony up as a CM, and read up before you further insult everyone's intelligence.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
Considering the market shares of Fender and Gibson, I find the number of threads about them here to be disproportionately small. If anything, TGP seems to have a lot of members that seek out smaller brands, custom parts builds, and independent luthiers.

Number8

What is OBVIOUS is that you haven't read very much. You've posted a lot, but OBVIOUSLY read very little. Try that, see if it helps.

I've posted very little here. Not much in common with Fender and Gibson folk. Fact.;) You seem to want me to go away. Not a Problem. See you around! Door. ass, I know the routine:D This place is too set in it's ways for me to have any fun here. Later Dude!May the tele gods bless you!:roll:roll:roll

shuie

Silver Supporting Member
Well, post something about the other brands then. Do you actually own any guitars? Maybe post something about those. Spread the love.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom