It still happens sometimes--vintage axe

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jpfeiff, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jpfeiff

jpfeiff Supporting Member

So a friend of mine recently bought a Stratocaster from an old guy in town. The old guy couldn't remember when he'd bought it, but was pleased as punch to get $1000.00 for it. My friend didn't know much about it either, but got to poking around and asking a few folks who know more and discovered it was a nearly unused 1961 Strat--all original and little wear. I haven't seen it yet but of course am jealous. My friend barely even plays electric--he's mostly a solo acoustic strummer guy playing classic country covers. Some guys have all the luck....

2. Wolfdale

Wolfdale Member

Oh my... That's what I call being at the right place at the right time... Maybe you should try buying it from him, offer him $ 1500 or something. Of course you should tell it was a good deal and this is a vintage axe, just don't tell that it costs 20k hehhehe...

3. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

$1000?
    Dem old guitars is worth more than they used to be.
    They prolly call dem antiques or vinnidge or classic or sumpin like dat an think they kin get more bux. Buncha hooey. if ol stuff was good I otta be a *^&* millionaire.

4. jpfeiff

jpfeiff Supporting Member

Hah--he's knows enough now to know what he's got! Says he doesn't need the moiney right now so he's gona hold onto it for awhile...

5. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Silver Supporting Member

Life is uncertain. Off it and buy a brand new RI or whatever floats his boat. Invest the leftover 20 grand.