It would be great if Strymon made...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popinvasion, May 24, 2015.

1. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

A Flint Sized pedal with Delay and Verb. Digital Delay and a really dreamy verb. I like the smaller more simple to navigate pedals. Let Strymon know by liking this post. If we get a thousand likes :) then they may consider it.

2. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

I'd be into it if they were independently switchable.

Although to be honest, I doubt it'd replace the Neunaber + current delays (Moog MF-104M Super Delay, Jack Deville Dark Echo, El Cap) on my main and small boards.

I will be buying a DIG to pair with the El Cap on my small board, though. :D

popinvasion likes this.
  3. Paulstarr

Paulstarr Member

a delay reverb would be cool ,a tweakable phaser,or a crazy time based effect a la EQD Afterneath or Boss Tera Echo

popinvasion likes this.
  4. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

Yeah it would be great and surely it'll happen.

Would also be keen to see them do a "mini" line, like an El Cap in an MXR-ish sized enclosure, minus a few obvious features ofcourse.

Meriphew and popinvasion like this.
  5. MegaMang

MegaMang Member

It would be great if they made a pedal that wasn't 50 modes of standard boredom and 1 mode of something actually cool and interesting (until it gets overused because it's the only interesting thing about the pedal).

100JH likes this.
  6. celticelk

celticelk Member

Sounds like a user problem, not a gear problem.

scolfax, CiceroTJones and popinvasion like this.
  7. Catch

Catch Analog>Digital Converter

Hello Mr. Sunshine! Is there a pedal brand you really like that we can insult? Please let us know. Thanks

popinvasion likes this.
  8. V

V Vendor

Still would like to see a convolution reverb from them that would allow you to load your own impulses. The epsi is the only pedal I know of that does that, but the user interface is really kind of annoying. That and it has a not so transparent buffer (although it sounds kind of awesome stacked after fuzzes somethings).

Also an octave pedal would be neat.

9. celticelk

celticelk Member

AMT has an IR loader, but I don't know if it'll be an improvement on the Logidy from your perspective.

popinvasion likes this.
  10. popinvasion

I think they will do this and eventually they will do mini sized pedals like the old favorite switch.

11. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

You better keep it cool and all positive on Strymon threads, some people can't understand what "subjective" means and there will be a lot of butthurt.

12. JB Eckl

JB Eckl Member

Not sure about 'butt hurt', but I don't think this is a very solid critique of Strymon pedals. Not by a long shot.

Some people might find them over-stuffed, a bit fancy, expensive... but Boring??

popinvasion likes this.
  13. starkd12

starkd12 Member

I'd like to see some sort of POG or something similar from them. I'd imagine they could make something killer

14. popinvasion

I don't get the desire for an octave unit, I have a few EHX, Pog and Pitch Fork I can't fathom more.

15. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

You're not kidding. It's like arguing politics.

DoctorBray and Aquinas like this.
  16. Gumbygreeneye

Gumbygreeneye Member

17. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

when you're switching between presets all the time, yeah any pedal can get boring. i have the same thing going on with my mobius and dd-20. then i tweak a little bit to break the monotony and remember how cool both units are.

18. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

The same could be said in spades about dirt boxes and delays.
    Like any product on the market, there are those that see room for improvement... Both in functionality and features.
    Personally, I'd like to see Strymon make some sort of pitch/octave/synth box with the hope that it would have improved tracking over offerings by other companies, and control over the timbre of the voices it generates.

19. popinvasion

Oh I agree with you, just because it's not for me doesn't mean it's not for someone else, I just can't fathom anything new coming in that realm.

20. joesnewmatch

joesnewmatch Music Is My Soul Food Supporting Member

I just don't get it when people want Strymon to not be like Strymon, in favor of every other pre-existing flavor. Reminds me too much of the PRS haters who want a PRS to look like a PRS but sound like a Gibson. If you want a basic delay, there are plenty. I think Strymon excels at being Strymon, which I have never found to be boring-just expensive, or I'd own more!

scolfax, dwoverdrive and gibs5000 like this.