It's been 65 years and you're still marketing the "Contour Body"

Gclef

The 70s strats had weak contours compared to the early stuff. In part from poor QC, and part worn out machinery.

So, for a time, it really did mean something.

Now? Yeah, kinda unnecessary. Pretty much only there for the authentic look.

Yr Blues

Much of Fender's marketing is built on iconic designs. Guitarists are...with some exceptions...looking for that iconic look and tone. Tired of it....stop buying that same iconic look and tone. :)
One of the reasons why I'm designing my own version. All the nitpicking I can correct on my own. :p

Guitarworks

It's no different than graphics or a badge on a car telling the viewer something about the vehicle. People in the know already know the vehicle has that feature. It's intended for people not in the know. It's just a little something to catch a person's eye, pique their curiosity, build intrigue, and prompt consumers (then and now) to ask: "Ok, what does that mean? The product says right on it that it has this feature - why is the manufacturer making such a big deal over it? What's so special about it?" And thus begins the dialogue, which sets the foundation for a sale.

sidekick

Supporting Member
Yes ... and as good as the original was I have a variation with a different headstock shape, (albeit not as classic) and a different name.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
I say if you don’t like it, then dont buy, why this ? Lots of choices and free market, you gotta love it...

Trending Topics