Its been a while. My take on Scott Ls and Ed Ds white boy funk. Lol!

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Tag
Finally fixed the sound on my computer. I had to do a take of Scott Lerners funk backing. Thanks Scott! I know Ed loves this one too. ;)

Top clip here.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/tag101_music.htm
Actually I still hate that particular backing with a passion.
I thought your lines didn't make sense against that feel...having said that i also thought the lines were absolutely killer. Methinks I will rip off one or 12 of them. Very, very good.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro
Actually I still hate that particular backing with a passion.
I thought your lines didn't make sense against that feel...having said that i also thought the lines were absolutely killer. Methinks I will rip off one or 12 of them. Very, very good.
LOL!! I KNEW you loved that backing! :p

Thanks Ed. It felt ok to me I think. Lol! My playing is so messed up, I really cant tell anymore.

See if you think the second take is any better feel wise.

Tag

Originally posted by Red Ant
Definitely sits in the mix MUCH better than the 1st take! The playing sounds more "thought out", I preferred the your 1st take... still smokin though :)
Yes, I agree. I was more comfortable with the backing on the second one, thus the more relaxed feel. The first one I was feeling it more though for sure. Second is kind of clinical. Good ear! :AOK

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Playing on the 2nd take works beetter with the feel of the backing. But the firrst one had cooler lines I thought.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Tag
LOL!! I KNEW you loved that backing! :p

Thanks Ed. It felt ok to me I think. Lol! My playing is so messed up, I really cant tell anymore.

See if you think the second take is any better feel wise.
I is in terms of fit. But don't take me the wrong way. I thought it was to different from what I'd expect over that backing. If I take that forst solo and build a backing behind it you'd have a kick ass thing.

As for your playing being messed up...DUDE, stop with the self deprecating nonsense...that is some happening playing. At least for this lowly Rock/Fusion jack ass. :)

D

diminishedlogic

NICE BOP LINES!!!!! Reminiscent of martino! But..... didn't swing.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by diminishedlogic
Thank god!!!! The last thing we need is swing over white boy Funk... :)

M

Member 995

NICE BOP LINES!!!!! Reminiscent of martino!
There were a few bits that I thought sounded exactly like what Pat would have played. Very nice playing, but I'm with Ed on the backing track. I wasn't listening too closely, but it sounds like you got your clipping problems under control.

One criticism: A bit too much reverb for my tastes. I'm sure it sounds great in the room, but putting a microphone up close really makes the reverb jump out. I like the sound of my Princeton Reverb's reverb on between 2 and 3 when playing, but turn it down or off when recording.

Bryan

Tag

Agreed. Second one is better time wise. Im working on it. :)

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Some very nice lines/ideas in there Tag.

Cool...

Prefer the more relaxed start as it leaves room for development...

scottl

Nice to have you back posting Tag! Loved the Martino stuff. Never heard you playing like that for so long. Sounding great!

Scott

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Double Platinum Member
Originally posted by scottl
Nice to have you back posting Tag! Loved the Martino stuff. Never heard you playing like that for so long. Sounding great!

Scott
Yeah, some interesting lines. The timbre drives me nuts--just not my taste at all--but the playing sounds great.

lhallam

I dug the repetition lines in the second take. I really like how you take the diminished licks and end them in your own way.

Amusing where some lines resolve across measures. "Afficionados" may critique it but I find it refreshingly unique.

Tag

Originally posted by lhallam
I dug the repetition lines in the second take. I really like how you take the diminished licks and end them in your own way.

Amusing where some lines resolve across measures. "Afficionados" may critique it but I find it refreshingly unique.
:) :) :)

Trending Topics