It's NGD....Not....FML

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rollyfoster, Apr 20, 2015.

1. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

If you are the guy who sniped the used humbucker tele at wildwood from me this morning...

I hate you.

2. dubdub

dubdub Member

oooo I hate that feeling, it happened before when I was on my way to get a used Taylor GC8 that I really liked only to find out that someone bought it hours before :bitch

3. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

Part of me died today.

You did it, wildwood guy.

4. jimbugg

jimbugg Supporting Member

Happened to me once...I got to the store to buy a vintage Airline about 5 minutes after someone left with it.

5. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

:console

There'll be others. There's always others....

6. bloc

bloc Member

7. 59Bassman

59Bassman Plank Cranker Silver Supporting Member

Happened a few times to me, twice in 1995. First time was a Hamer Studio at The Electric Fetus in Duluth, MN. Showed up with cash, guitar had left that morning. Second time was an Ibanez ES-175 copy at Willie's American Guitars in MSP. Played it on a layover during a business trip, wanted it bad, called Willie's when I got home the next day. It had sold a half hour after I played it.

I feel your pain, OP. It'll sting for a while.

8. grapeshot

grapeshot Member

Several years ago I had a deposit on a PRS at Willcutts. They sold it to someone else anyway (by mistake). I was pissed off. Was offered a deal on something else, but they didn't have anything else I wanted, so I just got my deposit back. Years before that I had a deposit on a vintage Jazzmaster at GC. They sold it to someone else anyway. Got my deposit back, but never went back there again.

9. Bogner

Bogner Member

It has happened to me...never a good feeling. I am sorry man, but I can assure you something amazing will pop up and you will snag it. Who knows how many guitars we have all purchased in turn broke somebody's heart in doing so.?.?.?

10. TheSpricket

TheSpricket Member

That's Guitarma man! Im not religious or superstitous but I believe and trust in Guitarma. That just means you weren't suposed to have it. That means something else will come along that's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks and you'll have no choice but to buy it! Youll be soooo happy that d bag came along and swiped it from you!

11. David Garner

David Garner Member

I had the same problem in 1999/2000 (I forget which). A 1978 Les Paul in Tobacco Burst, and it was a sweet one. They sold it right before I got my bonus -- to some dude on the interwebs. It took me until last year to find one I liked as much, and it's now my no. 1.