It's Official. 2/7/12 is national Van Halen Day

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by squeally dan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Yep. It has been declared so by me!

So what are you guys doing tomorrow for the holiday? I have to work at least half a day, but then I will go find this cd. I can't remember the last physical cd I bought but I think I want a hard copy of this one. Don't even know where people buy music now. Probably Target! Wish I could take off tomorrow and spend the day listening. What are you guys doing?

2. gennation

gennation Member

Yeah, I'm going to pick up the CD too. Then I'm going to listen to it repeatedly for at least the rest of the week in the car to and from work to let it sink in.

3. jpftribe

jpftribe Member

Downloading the album now from I-tunes. One of the few electronic advantages of being in the UK.

4. Rob G

Rob G Member

Gonna pick up the album tomorrow before I go teach. Best Buy I guess...looking forward to it, feels like I'm 12 years old again! :)

5. ak301

ak301 Member

Got the album today off of Amazon here in the UK

You're gonna love it there's some real awesome stuff on it - I'm really impressed!

6. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

Remember when they had album releases at midnight? It'd be cool if they did this for VH. I wonder if it will be available at a 24 hour Walmarts tonight?

7. jpftribe

jpftribe Member

Just finished the first listen all the way through. The utube clips do not do this album any justice. 12 quid well spent. Great album, worthy effort all the way around.

The video's from the downtown sessions are cool as well.

Endless debate on this for sure, but if you're a VH fan, hard to be disappointed with this. Great stuff on here.

8. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I'm home from work tomorrow (my son is home sick). I will download from iTunes and get a chance to crank it tomorrow, my new audio interface just showed up today too so it should be a good time breaking in the new system!
    Howard Stern is doing a retrospective of all the VH interviews over the years to mark the occasion, should be pretty cool.