"It's" on the way

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by will132, May 13, 2006.

1. will132

will132 Member

I'll let you all guess untill "it" gets here, but here is a hint. I've waited over three years for this one. Pic's late next week or early the following week.

Unfortunately I may have to sell right away to pay for my flight training. About to take my instrument check ride and will need the $$$ for my commercial ticket.

2. Aint Life Hell?

Aint Life Hell? Member

if it's a Klein Electric, I want to buy it ;D.

3. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

wait!!! is it a zendrive?!

j/k...

4. will132

will132 Member

NOW that's funny! Still waiting on that one as well.

I won't be taking offers or dealing with the sale of it until I have it and it's posted in the emporium. Don't want to make too much out of selling it, just mentioned so no one is surprised when they see it over there. Really wish I didn't have to.

5. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

6. hodad

hodad Member

7. Paulpuck68

Paulpuck68 Member

I agree with this one. I've been waiting for my matching T and S model guitars for over three years now. They were supposed to be ready last Thanksgiving....then January...then March....then April. When I checked with Bill a few weeks ago he didn't even bother to hazard another guess. Just said there were still some others ahead of them still.

8. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

Bill??? OOOh Some Chapin action?:JAM

9. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

10. will132

will132 Member

Been waiting too long not to have some fun with it.

Yep hodad you got it.

Will have pictures up soon. Ymmmmy blonde :D

Jim

11. Paulpuck68

Paulpuck68 Member

Since you actually got Bill to finish yours did you have to get some comproming pictures to get him to finish yours or did you just wait patiently? I've been trying the patient approach and only emailing him every 6 months until he told me mine was in production and about every two months since then but not sure it is working. Then again I've already paid the balance on my two so there isn't much incentive for him to finish it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait and I'd rather have it done right than fast.

12. will132

will132 Member

I think I may have asked once about two years into it. I was told the body was done last summer and to expect the rest by sept, oct. My impression is he stays very busy with the parts and getting to the guitars is not an easy thing for him to do. The email saying it was done was a complete surprise. He does keep track and I really don't believe he will rush one and get it out before others in line even if they do bug him about it.

13. Paulpuck68

Paulpuck68 Member

His parts business deifinetly keeps him busy. I'm not sure how much he is doing with his amps. I don't remember people mentioning them very much. I try not to pressure him when I do email and always try to let him know I am just curious and not trying to get him to hurry. I did see one up for sale on ebay that said he had ordered it at least a month after I had ordered mine and he had it in March (I orderd my two in April of 2003). Since I am getting two I figured this might be slowing things down a bit as well. He did mention using mine as a display for someone visiting his shop to check out how different pick guards would look with the the three tone burst finish back in March so he is probabaly getting pretty close. It just kind of like waiting for X-mas when you are too young to understand the calendar and think it must be sometime really soon.

14. tone dog

tone dog Member

I feel your pain. I waited 41 months (original estimate 18 months on the web page). I was prepared not to like the guitar after waiting so long, but when it did finally arrive I was surprised at how well it played and how good it sounded. Would I do it again, no. Am I glad I have one of his guitars, absolutely.

Hang in there all yee waiting Callahamers.

15. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Well you certainly owe us some pretty pictures when you get it. Tone report would be cool too. :AOK AC

16. Paulpuck68

Paulpuck68 Member

I guess since we are both in Kansas city I can just come over and play yours while I wait. :) :RoCkIn

17. will132

will132 Member

Will be here next Thursday. Will post some pictures soon afterwards.